• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014 General Discussion

Midnight high of 68º at LAF today (16º below average). Felt and looked somewhat Fall-ish.

Looks like the extended is going to turn warm/hot. First 90º temp of the year next week for LAF and IND...good bet I think.

i'll ride the summer trends and go with a brief warmup (just shy of 90) followed by storms and a return to the 70s

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll ride the summer trends and go with a brief warmup (just shy of 90) followed by storms and a return to the 70s

I agree, heck right now MKE's point only has one high in the 80s, and it is exactly 80.  LAF will have an uphill climb to hit 90F I think the rest of the summer, unless the remainder of August becomes really dry and we get a heat wave at the end of the month/beginning of September.

We may touch 90 here next Monday according to Skilling, although, some other forecasts are showing mid 80's for the Sat-Mon time frame.  Looks like a stormy start and then through midweek for next week.  Just in time for the kids to start school.

The last couple runs of the ECMWF sure look interesting in the long range.  It shows a nice ridge moving in from the southeast and maybe even some severe potential west of here.  At the very least, it's something different because things have been rather boring around here.  

GFS has also hinted at this as well. Anything but training storms would be nice.

Not a cloud in the sky, a stiff breeze, and very low humidity. It does not get better in August. Some chilly nights on the way.

It kind of surprised me that we didn't have any stratocumulus to deal with (for most of the state in fact), despite the CAA and all of the low level moisture...laugh.png

I was in utter shock seeing the clear blue skies for miles this morning around sunrise.

haven't been paying attention to weather so was surprised to wake up to 43 degrees this morning.  Nearby, Bellaire dropped to 41 and Indian River 37.  should have another cool night tonight.  changing sun angle def more noticeable in the afternoons.

Kenton, in the W UP 32... wow!

My point is calling for 44° tonight. You should be nice and cool up there.

The weather over the past month has been about as nice as it could possibly be from mid July to mid August.  However, we really need some rain.  I've had about a half inch over the last month.  This weekend was looking pretty good for rain, but now the models have shifted south of the area yet again.

Quality exterior painting weather the last 2 weeks. Painted all my trim and everything at my folks place...hardly broke a sweat and low DPs helped everything dry fast...after last winter and what i expect this winter (same as last season)...getting a few coats and recaulking everything seemed to be the best way to take advantage of this perfect weather. Also made for nice evenings of bon fuegoes and brews after spending each day with a paint brush attached to my hand. Grass staying green for the landscape company too...all good in the hood

Archived