Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014 General Discussion

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked really impressive. Lake shadow screwed me though.

Waterloo screwed me over, but up to dime size hail was reported in far northeast Waterloo and parts of Kitchener. Was excited and hopeful to see some hail of any size, but as if. I've personally seen brief pea size stones three times here. Looking forward to the day we get hail storm like I've witnessed in Kansas and Oklahoma. Whenever that'll be. Fun rare hail day for a lot of areas today, though!

Don't see hail accumulate like this around here very often. Nothing spectacular, but still kinda cool.

Some more photos: http://interactives.wlfi.com/photomojo/gallery/13522/252502/photos-august-1-hail-storm/untitled-photo/

Going by #s 4, 8, and 9...the winter season frozen tally has begun. ;)

Remember something like this in 2003 or 2004. 

Had pulse storms all around this evening, but nada here at the house.  Still had fun shooting some pics west if town earlier, and then tried for some lightning east of Prophetstown later in the eve.  Lots of lightning, but all of it was either in the clouds or concealed within the rain cores.

Here's a few shots of one of the storms west of town earlier on in the evening..

zvd55c.jpg

wciko7.jpg

2zisx85.jpg

Had pulse storms all around this evening, but nada here at the house.  Still had fun shooting some pics west if town earlier, and then tried for some lightning east of Prophetstown later in the eve.  Lots of lightning, but all of it was either in the clouds or concealed within the rain cores.

Here's a few shots of one of the storms west of town earlier on in the evening..

You're doin' work with that new camera.

It was a pretty nice day, but surprisingly felt pretty warm despite highs near 80 and dews only in the 50s. Must've been the crowds at State Fair and the full sun combining to funnel and trap the heat that was present. I am looking forward to mid next week and more perfect temps in the low to mid 70s.

Skies have been perfectly clear this morning. Nice summer day on tap again. 

Clear enough that you can easily make out the urban areas on the SSEC sat image this morning.

wisgif32.gif

You mean a scorcher (by this year's standards), right?  It's already 82F at 11am with dewpoints in the 60s.  Only a handful of days this summer have seen low to mid 80s before noon.

You mean a scorcher (by this year's standards), right?  It's already 82F at 11am with dewpoints in the 60s.  Only a handful of days this summer have seen low to mid 80s before noon.

Well within 5 or so miles of the lake it will be more tolerable. I don't mind these kind of days once in awhile! It's the summers like 2012 that I don't care to go through again! haha

Managed to hit 87° here. Outflow boundary flowing southward through Kenosha looks to bring some 70s pretty soon.

---

Interesting satellite image taken this afternoon of cumulus that quickly formed during the heating of the day. All kinds of cumulus west of the lake, perfectly clear along the Michigan shoreline.

Drove through Detroit today, including Wyandotte, and staying in London, Ontario tonight. Juat picture perfect weather up this way.

Going to hit Hamilton and Niagara Falls tomorrow, Buffalo on Tuesday, Cleveland on Wednesday. In other words, I'm getting to see the towns of several posters on the forum.

EDIT: I also drove through Toledo and saw the lines of people waiting to get fresh water.

So how did you find the first round about you ran into just before the 401?? What a disaster of a project. While you are here enjoy the beer, wine and food. Tim's coffee in the morning (double double), Italian sub for lunch and a Poutine too.

The roundabout is pretty wild. The wife was complaining vigorously. I won 6 $100 Tim Cards in a sweepstakes awhile back, so the coffee's flowing. The closest Tim's to my house is in Lima, Oh., but it makes for a good road trip.

Had pulse storms all around this evening, but nada here at the house. Still had fun shooting some pics west if town earlier, and then tried for some lightning east of Prophetstown later in the eve. Lots of lightning, but all of it was either in the clouds or concealed within the rain cores.

zvd55c.jpg

wciko7.jpg

2zisx85.jpg

Nice!!! I am very much looking forward to winter pics with this new camera

Nothing crazy.....but some pockets of 2000 CAPE and decent PWATS around 1.3 to 1.4 per meso around LOT....while scattered in nature, there could be a few decent cells mixed in here and there this afternoon...

Can't recall the last daylong strato deck with off and on showers that I have had IMBY...wouldn't mind one of those over the next few weeks for S & G's....

feeling very shticky out compared to the last 7 days or so...

Archived