Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
August 2014 General Discussion

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record low for LAF is 43.  I'd like to see cooler 850 mb temps to have a better shot at that but it looks like a decent radiational cooling setup and all bets are off if we completely decouple.

We've done so poorly with mins. But you never know...

i've had to close the windows upon waking quite a few times lately because it was too chilly..pretty wild for this urban/lakeside local

Better wear your flannel PJs to bed tonight.

I had a jacket on taking the sunset pics this evening. While it wasn't really cold yet, the slight breeze made it more comfortable with a jacket on. Definitely going to need the jacket in the a.m. going to work.

Love your cloud thread. Some beautiful shots in there.

Some scattered patches of high clouds drifting over the last few hours.  Temp down to 58.

Was hoping to get a clear shot of the Milky Way, but some of the pesky high clouds COC blocked part of it lol.

jl5tmu.jpg

Amazing photo man, I need to invest in a camera like yours.

Minimum temperatures from this morning across Indiana.

Fort Wayne: 43º (tied record)

Muncie: 43º

Valparaiso: 43º

Goshen: 44º

Lafayette: 44º

Zionsville: 44º

Shelbyville: 46º

South Bend: 46º

Indianapolis Eagle Creek: 47º

Terre Haute: 47º

Indianapolis: 49º

And one hourly temp that was sub-40º at 7:00AM:

LOGANSPORT + CLEAR 39 37 93 CALM 30.10R

Some scattered patches of high clouds drifting over the last few hours.  Temp down to 58.

Was hoping to get a clear shot of the Milky Way, but some of the pesky high clouds COC blocked part of it lol.

jl5tmu.jpg

EPIC photo! Went to the fair last night with the wife. We were in late fall gear with temps in the low 50s and a stiff breeze. Never thought watching the fireworks on August 14th could be so cold!

Minimum temperatures from this morning across Indiana.

Fort Wayne: 43º (tied record)

Muncie: 43º

Valparaiso: 43º

Goshen: 44º

Lafayette: 44º

Zionsville: 44º

Shelbyville: 46º

South Bend: 46º

Indianapolis Eagle Creek: 47º

Terre Haute: 47º

Indianapolis: 49º

And one hourly temp that was sub-40º at 7:00AM:

LOGANSPORT + CLEAR 39 37 93 CALM 30.10R

Almost made it to the record low of 43.  Looking at hourlies, looks like we had calm winds for the most part.

DTW got down to 49F this morning. We missed the record low (46- 1979) and came in at 2nd coldest on record for the date (old record 50). After a winter and early spring with plenty of record low temps set, this summer we seem to repeatedly keep JUST missing them and coming in 2nd place (we did set a record low mean temp on July 29 however). In this case, I notice the record is from DTWs years (mid 1960s to early 1980s) as an ARB/White Lake-esque radiational cooling magnet, but the record is the record. I even woke up with goosebumps as the tiny crack I left my window open was enough to let the NW breeze do its thing. This summer with its cool, fresh, haze-free aiir has been an awesome treat, and im sure I will be longing for it next summer! The most rural areas dipped into the upper 30s to low 40s this morning.

Going on 24 consecutive days at CLE without a positive temperature departure. The last above normal day was July 22, when it was 1 degree above normal. From July 15 through August 15, July 22 was the only above normal day at a paltry degree above they norm. Just an incredible stretch of cool weather.

Archived