• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August 2014 General Discussion

IND

TEMPS...MAVMOS GUIDANCE MUCH MORE BELIEVABLE FOR WEEKEND HIGHS.   CONSIDERING THE POTENTIAL FOR CLOUDS AND CONVECTION SATURDAY AND   POSSIBLY EVEN SUNDAY...STILL EXPECT MOST LOCATIONS REMAIN BELOW 90   DEGREES WITH THE ONLY EXCEPTION OVER THE LOWER WABASH VALLEY AND FAR   SOUTHERN FORECAST AREA WHERE LOWER 90S ARE EXPECTED. BEST CHANCE FOR   KIND TO MAKE A RUN AT THEIR FIRST 90 OF THE YEAR COMES MONDAY WITH   THE CORE OF THE RIDGE CENTERED OVER THE REGION. CONSIDERING THE   MOIST LOW LEVELS HOWEVER...WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE TEMPS A TOUCH   WARMER IN THE BOUNDARY LAYER TO SUPPORT 90+. HAVE CHOSEN TO KEEP   THEM JUST SHY OF 90 FOR THE MONDAY HIGH. WE SHALL SEE.  

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was an interesting day to say the least.  Where I work in Bayside the fog only burned off for about two hours before it crept right back in (we're talking a mile or two from the lake).  The high didn't get out of the 70s there for sure.  Most people just inland a bit hit the low to mid 80s, though the lake breeze has dropped temps a decent bit for most within about 30 miles of the lakeshore atm.

Special wx statement put out by Milwaukee.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI705 PM CDT FRI AUG 22 2014WIZ052-060-066-071-072-230115-SHEBOYGAN-OZAUKEE-MILWAUKEE-RACINE-KENOSHA-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SHEBOYGAN...PORT WASHINGTON...MILWAUKEE...RACINE...KENOSHA705 PM CDT FRI AUG 22 2014...DENSE FOG ALONG THE LAKE THIS EVENING...FOG HAS MOVED INLAND A MILE OR TWO FROM LAKE MICHIGAN FROMNORTHERN SHEBOYGAN COUNTY TO JUST NORTH OF KENOSHA EARLY THISEVENING. WHILE MOST VISIBILITIES ARE AROUND 1 MILE OR BETTER...1/4MILE VISIBILITIES CAN BE EXPECTED IN POCKETS WITHIN A MILE OF THELAKE.EXPECTATIONS ARE FOR THE FOG TO EXPAND AFTER SUNSET. IF THE 1/4MILE VISIBILITIES ALSO BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD...DENSE FOGADVISORIES WILL BE LIKELY.MOTORISTS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR SUDDEN CHANGES IN VISIBILITIESAND SLOW DOWN WHEN ENCOUNTERING THE PATCHY DENSE FOG. REMEMBER TOUSE LOW-BEAM HEADLIGHTS.

81F dew point?  No thanks...

Cold front next week on the Euro looks weaker this morning.  I thought we'd get a nice cool off next week..not looking as likely.   I want 6 weeks of 65F ish temps.

Yeah, but the local weather office is riding the GFS, which cools us down nicely.

It looks like Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities will finally get their much deserved soaking.

I don't know if you can call 0.30" a soaking, but it's better than nothing.  Most places got more than Cedar Rapids because the heavier initial line skipped over us.  DVN got over an inch.  My twitter feed is full of 2-4" reports from DMX's area.

My August total is now up to a whopping 0.48".  The good news is the models are keeping the front in the area next week with several decent storm chances.

Yet again today our temp is being held down by clouds.  I've lost count how many days in a row this is.  If we can't hit 90 for the first time tomorrow, it ain't gonna happen.  The Euro has shown 90s here for several runs in a row.  There shouldn't be any MCS debris to deal with tomorrow.

Rain most of the day..i can breath!  amazing how one day it can be so bad and the next i can be outside with no issues.  Humid, but cloudy ..it can stay cloudy.  Sun comes out and its game over...93F/81F???  That is Persian Gulf stuff there.

Edmonton in Alberta Canada this morning was 29F. 

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/CXEG.html

nasty tomorrow...not saying it won't happen again, but might be the last 90F of the year...

Sunday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 94. Heat index values as high as 102. South wind 8 to 13 mph.

Rarely is my lawn this green this time of year..by now its usually entered its fried stage (my soil is mostly sand so requires a ton of moisture to stay green).

Rain most of the day..i can breath!  amazing how one day it can be so bad and the next i can be outside with no issues.  Humid, but cloudy ..it can stay cloudy.  Sun comes out and its game over...93F/81F???  That is Persian Gulf stuff there.

Edmonton in Alberta Canada this morning was 29F. 

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/CXEG.html

And with a N/NW wind at that...

Archived