Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August 2014 General Discussion

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost looks like some heavy lake effect rain showers or isolated thunderstorms forming with the moist conditions. Did not expect anything tonight.

You can thank that remnant MCV from this afternoon.... Already over an inch in Western MKE county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can thank that remnant MCV from this afternoon.... Already over an inch in Western MKE county.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah Milwaukee was right on it, it was that same MCV that kicked off those slow moving spinning showers/storms just east of Madison late this afternoon in the wake of the MCS to our south, correct?

We really haven't had that much rain recently, compared to some other locations in the region, but the ground and soil are extremely moist, much of that owing to two straight days of pretty relentless fog.

Yeah Milwaukee was right on it, it was that same MCV that kicked off those slow moving spinning showers/storms just east of Madison late this afternoon in the wake of the MCS to our south, correct?

We really haven't had that much rain recently, compared to some other locations in the region, but the ground and soil are extremely moist, much of that owing to two straight days of pretty relentless fog.

Yup, with the fairly stagnant upper level flow above, it's pretty much meandering. Highest rainfall total I see is 1.75 in West Allis but pretty much an inch plus across all of central Milwaukee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasty heat tomorrow. Out of LOT.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL401 AM CDT SUN AUG 24 2014ILZ003>006-008-010>014-019>023-032-033-039-INZ001-002-010-011-019-241700-WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE IL-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-DUPAGE-COOK-LA SALLE-KENDALL-GRUNDY-WILL-KANKAKEE-LIVINGSTON-IROQUOIS-FORD-LAKE IN-PORTER-NEWTON-JASPER-BENTON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROCKFORD...BELVIDERE...WOODSTOCK...WAUKEGAN...OREGON...DIXON...DEKALB...AURORA...WHEATON...CHICAGO...OTTAWA...OSWEGO...MORRIS...JOLIET...KANKAKEE...PONTIAC...WATSEKA...PAXTON...GARY...VALPARAISO...MOROCCO...RENSSELAER...FOWLER401 AM CDT SUN AUG 24 2014 /501 AM EDT SUN AUG 24 2014/...HOT AND HUMID MONDAY...HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO REACH THE LOWER 90S ACROSS ALLOF NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWEST INDIANA MONDAY AFTERNOON.COMBINED WITH DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 70S...AFTERNOONHEAT INDEX VALUES BETWEEN 99 AND 107 DEGREES ARE POSSIBLE.THESE HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS MAY LEAD TO AN INCREASED RISK OFHEAT RELATED STRESS AND ILLNESS...PARTICULARLY FOR THE VERYYOUNG...THE ELDERLY AND THOSE PARTICIPATING IN STRENUOUS OUTDOORACTIVITIES.CAR INTERIORS CAN REACH LETHAL TEMPERATURES IN A MATTER OF MINUTES.NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN OR PETS UNATTENDED IN A VEHICLE. BEAT THEHEAT...CHECK THE BACK SEAT.

After several days of clouds impacting temps, today looks to stay sunny the whole day.  Up to 82 atm, with 92 in the point for today.  Point for tomorrow has us at 94. 

So far the hottest temp of the year has been the 92 on July 22, with only two 90 degree days up to this point- one in June, and one in July.

12z MET has 90º on the nose.

0z MAV and MEX, for the 68th time this summer at LAF, are well past 90º. 

Yeah I saw that.  Very similar to the 2m output from the 12z NAM which suggests a high of 89 or 90.  From what I could tell, the 00z ECMWF 2m temps would suggest something around 90 or 91.  I'm just uneasy about this unless all guidance would comfortably suggest 90s. 

Yeah I saw that.  Very similar to the 2m output from the 12z NAM which suggests a high of 89 or 90.  From what I could tell, the 00z ECMWF 2m temps would suggest something around 90 or 91.  I'm just uneasy about this unless all guidance would comfortably suggest 90s. 

One as to think it's gonna happen tomorrow or Tuesday.

I went back and looked at this, that you posted 5 days ago: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44184-august-2014-general-discussion/?p=3036443

Spectacular failure so far. :lol:

One as to think it's gonna happen tomorrow or Tuesday.

I went back and looked at this, that you posted 5 days ago: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44184-august-2014-general-discussion/?p=3036443

Spectacular failure so far. :lol:

I don't know what's gotten into MEX this summer.  Some of it can be blamed on thunderstorms but some of it can't.

You know what, it's conceivable that Chad has a 6-0 lead on the airport by the time this is done.  :axe: 

Today is Cedar Rapids' best shot at 90 this summer, but even with full sun the high dewpoint(76) is likely making it tougher to heat up.  At noon the official temp was 84.

This week has the potential to be extremely wet around here, which would be nice give our paltry 0.48" August total so far.  The GFS and Canadian models this morning show pretty widespread storm activity every single day.  Even with continued bad luck we should be able to get a couple inches.

This year, it seems like a task many days to have full sunshine and hit 80*F...

Josh fail. I was being very conservative in saying on Wednesday that wed see at least mid-80s two of the three weekend days and that DTX low 80s were way low. MEX guidance had upper 80s all 3 days.

Actual DTW:

Fri- 83

Sat- 80

Sun- 80

Getting warm weather is like pulling teeth this year (and Im not complaining). Barring the outside chance we can sneak a 90 in tomorrow or Tuesday, Im thinking you can stick a fork in 90 degree days for 2014 at DTW. We had a grand total of two...91F on June 17th and 94F on July 22nd. Both instances came with relatively low humidity (the heat index was lower than the actual temp)

Least amount of 90-degree days at Detroit - since 1874

0 days – 1882

0 days – 1907

0 days – 1915

1 day – 1875

1 day – 1877

1 day – 1883

1 day – 1885

1 day – 1979

1 day – 2000

2 days – 1886

2 days – 1992

2 days – 2014?

Put another way....since 1916

1 day - 1979

1 day - 2000

2 days - 1992

2 days - 2014?

90 degrees are not uncommon at all in September...but this year just doesnt feel like the year. Last year had 7, so after the oppressive trio of summers 2010-11-12, a combination of 2013-14 has yielded less 90F days than an average single year.

Archived