• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2014 General Discussion

I was missed by the initial line of storms this morning that dropped 1-2+ inches just nw of Cedar Rapids.  In the last hour another thin line moved through and dropped 0.17".  It's not much, but every little bit counts.  It was the first heavy downpour I've seen since early July.

Been looking for a smaller version...it's kinda off-putting. 

Kinda?  I can barely stand to look at the screen when your signature scrolls by.  I find even small animated gifs in avatars and signatures in forums distracting when I'm trying to read posts.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda?  I can barely stand to look at the screen when your signature scrolls by.  I find even small animated gifs in avatars and signatures in forums distracting when I'm trying to read posts.

There's a simple fix called turning off sigs that can solve your problem.

I was missed by the initial line of storms this morning that dropped 1-2+ inches just nw of Cedar Rapids.  In the last hour another thin line moved through and dropped 0.17".  It's not much, but every little bit counts.  It was the first heavy downpour I've seen since early July.

I removed it.  The ideal thing would be to block signatures selectively but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Really?  Hmmm.   I'm not talking about ignoring entire posts, only signatures from individual people. 

Hover over someones sig. An "X" pops up in the top right corner of said sig. Click it and you have the option of ignoring all sigs or just the sig of said poster.

Thanks guys.  I just tested it out on someone.

The thing I'm wondering is if it can still be done when it's a green tagger's sig.  The board has been configured to where members can't ignore certain things from mods but maybe the sig isn't one of them.

IND held steady at 88, going to be close for sure..

The local met hit 90 yesterday, which I believe is the 5th occurrence this year.  And very good chance it will hit 90 there today.  The TV station and the Purdue airport are probably a few miles apart at the most.  Pretty nuts how there can be such a disparity. 

Alek, the only thing that annoys me about the pattern is the lack of thunder lately. Today's action had some light thunder, but otherwise heavy rain has been the main story with the precipitation lately, and now the local Mets are about to get hot under the collar for botched forecasts.

had so much thunder here today

best climo

The local met hit 90 yesterday, which I believe is the 5th occurrence this year.  And very good chance it will hit 90 there today.  The TV station and the Purdue airport are probably a few miles apart at the most.  Pretty nuts how there can be such a disparity. 

I wonder...Is the local met using a NWS-calibrated thermometer or just one of those home weather stations? Those tend to always run high on hot days.

Archived