Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
T-Storms Part 2 : "North and West of the city!"

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got comically screwed here.  The hole formed right as it hit western Franklin and filled back in as it exits eastern Franklin.

Good stuff between SW Mass and Northampton and then up toward whiteminster (courtesy of the redevelopment).

69.7/66

Yeah, watching that line come at us I was expecting more than .05" rain and three rumbles and flashes.  lol 

...and this is the one season where we are the prefered jackpot zone in SNE.

mlvl lapse rates are steeper across southern New England which is leading to MLcape values of 2000 J/KG along with SBcape values around 2000 J/KG...while shear is less, instability is higher so that should help these storms sustain through a good chunk of SNE...should become elevated as they work towards eastern MA 

mlvl lapse rates are steeper across southern New England which is leading to MLcape values of 2000 J/KG along with SBcape values around 2000 J/KG...while shear is less, instability is higher so that should help these storms sustain through a good chunk of SNE...should become elevated as they work towards eastern MA 

Yeah you could see that earlier this afternoon. We had full sun all day..maximized the instability..didn't have any prefrontal stuff come thru to ruin it..so you still have big time instability. It's a nice setup for a ton of lightning..but not a ton of severe

Strong TS at home 5-5:30, lots of lightning, strong winds to the west (wife saw twigs/leaves in road while crawling east on Route 2), about 0.7". Of course, it was all done when I got home just before 6. Weak TS then, and currently moderate RA with the occasional rumble. Garden is getting well watered once again, month's precip well over 5".

Yeah you could see that earlier this afternoon. We had full sun all day..maximized the instability..didn't have any prefrontal stuff come thru to ruin it..so you still have big time instability. It's a nice setup for a ton of lightning..but not a ton of severe

Agreed!  I would think any severe (at least wind wise) would come from collapsing cores.  However, can't rule out potential for severe hail given elevated helicity values, however, with vertical shear values less than 30 knots it will be a bit more difficult to get that.  

Def will have a TON TON TON of lightning.  

Cap really beneficial in the end to eastern areas. Maximized the instability during the day in hot humid conditions. Also, modest and decent shear. As wiz said, lapse rates are improved over the east and we have a forcing mechanism with the cold front. With this amount of instability I think a lot of the area may see a great light show with gusty winds and isolated reports of severe.

Strong TS at home 5-5:30, lots of lightning, strong winds to the west (wife saw twigs/leaves in road while crawling east on Route 2), about 0.7". Of course, it was all done when I got home just before 6. Weak TS then, and currently moderate RA with the occasional rumble. Garden is getting well watered once again, month's precip well over 5".

Pretty meh as far as storms but some rumbles and lightning ongoing,And yeah, Don't need to irrigate the garden tonight

Archived