joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 13-15 storm risk

Kmlwx

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice split developing in the line. I managed to eke out a very BRIEF shower. I am really stoked and excited over the fact that I picked up one sixty fourth of an inch of rain so far today. This amount is incredible! It's very hard to believe the pavement got wet!!!!

If I get super lucky, I should have a full quarter of an inch of rain in the gauge by Tuesday evening. 

Enjoy your waterboarding Maryland - This is primarily YOUR event. Radar shows that MD and PA are getting most of the convection. This was evident yesterday. It will show up again tomorrow. Most of the forcing is well north and northeast of northern VA. I will get the scraps, if any.

Nice storms to my southwest, just DIED down just as they hit. I'm used to this by now.

I think what originally happened in the forecasting was that mets saw the models a few days ago, and thought that the trough would dig deeper south. Of course it didn't. Is this January? No, its frackin mid July! Troughs dont dig very far south this time of year - if they did I got one hell of a bridge to sell ya. Heat and drought are normal in Washington in July, not storms and rain, especially with what climate change is doing to the weather and those effects are accelerating. So the trough failed to dig as far south as these overly hyper meteorologists thought it would because they conveniently forgot it was mid July lmao. So now the forcing is well north and northeast of northern Virginia. No surprise Maryland and PA will get drenched all day, all night and all Tuesday! This trough will go back into Canada so we will also experience one hell of a "Polar Vortex of Doom" come Wednesday - WOW man - it will challenge the records for chiily high temperatures on Wednesday - temps in the mid 80s GIVE ME A FRACKIN' BREAK!!!!!! - and lows havin a lot of trouble tryin to fall below 60 degrees!

Next! 

Archived