• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June Discussion

Bostonseminole

It'll probably be plain old rain when it reaches Maine - maybe a rumble in York Cty.

Well, I should have at least some rain here before I leave as it's breaking out now in Housatonic valley with clouds beginning to take shape just to the west. .  It looks like slow movers with lots of rain en route.

I mention it once in awhile...both in winter and summer...that Upton often overestimates the influence of LIS west of the CT river. Water temps were up to 69 as of last week...being under full sun easily overcomes any ocean influence one you get away from the immediate shore. Not surprised we maxed out 5-7 degrees warmer than forecasted here.

They confused the south shore of CT with the south shore of eastern LI.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only it were cold enough...everyone loves themselves a little upslope, right?  Love where BTV's head is at.

POTENTIALLY INTERESTING THURSDAY NIGHT. UPPER LOW MOVES OVERHEAD
BEFORE GETTING KICKED OUT TO THE EAST. AT THE SAME TIME, WE STILL
HAVE PLENTY OF LOW LEVEL MOISTURE. WINDS AROUND 850MB WILL BE OUT
OF THE NORTH/NORTHWEST. IF THIS WAS WINTER, IT WOULD BE AN EPIC
UPSLOPE SNOW EVENT FOR PLACES LIKE JAY PEAK. NO SNOW THIS GO
AROUND. HOWEVER PERHAPS A DECENT UPSLOPE RAIN EVENT?
CURIOUS THAT
THE GFS AND ECMWF BOTH SHOW SOME PRECIPITATION "BULLS-EYES". I`LL
TAKE IT AS AN INDICATION THAT THE MODELS ARE SHOWING SOME SORT OF
OROGRAPHIC AFFECT. AT THIS POINT, I DID RAISE THE POPS OVER
GUIDANCE A BIT FOR NORTHERN MOUNTAINS OF VERMONT, BUT OTHERWISE A
LOW CONFIDENCE ITEM AT THIS POINT.

what a run of nice weekends.  Can't remember the last time I had a washout on either day

Depends on location, of course. The upcoming looks to be our first clean weekend since May 10-11. Last weekend only lost the first 1/3 of Sat, but the previous was all CL and 17-18 we got sluiced.

Nam looks less impressive for tom....The sandbags are no longer on standby.

Euro bag of fail too on that. No surprise..convection screws around with these lows and sometimes either shunts it south or the convection messes around with the processes that cause rain to the north of the system ( warmth and moisture advection).  

Euro bag of fail too on that. No surprise..convection screws around with these lows and sometimes either shunts it south or the convection messes around with the processes that cause rain to the north of the system ( warmth and moisture advection).

Bummer...a good dose before the weekend would of been nice. Now I might make plans to tee it up tomorrow afternoon, if this keeps trending less impressive.

That intense shower this morning was perfect for the garden although sucked for the resealed driveway with all the debris that fell from the trees. Man I hate oak trees twirly things more than anything.

Couldn't agree more, damn helicopter's are all over the place in my yard

A tad more muggy today. Has that classic ocean wind humid feel....those that live near the water know what I mean. It's warm here with an ESE wind, might not feel the same on easterly exposed beaches.

yes. Almost hot at harvard stadium late morning then gusty as seabreeze came through. Called dad and he said it felt warm in southie. Was surprised, usually should be cooler post breeze.

Still looks like the prolonged heat is shoved SW of us and for our friends in the Midwest and Plains. The ridge gets established there and we are more prone to interludes of warmer and cooler wx. Might even out to more typical June type wx. Doesn't mean we won't have a few days of warm wx...just speaking of prolonged hot and humid wx.

Still looks like the prolonged heat is shoved SW of us and for our friends in the Midwest and Plains. The ridge gets established there and we are more prone to interludes of warmer and cooler wx. Might even out to more typical June type wx. Doesn't mean we won't have a few days of warm wx...just speaking of prolonged hot and humid wx.

Depends on which range, and of course which model.

Archived