amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June Discussion

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wave on the boundary for mid week looks suspiciously convectively aided to me. There may be a wave there, as there is a residual albeit weak S/W ejected through the midriff of the Rockies through tomorrow ... but the way the runs go about (even in the Euro) then deepening that low over eastern CO, then toting that tight QPF ball along with through the Lakes is all quite odd looking. 

We'll see.  

That wave on the boundary for mid week looks suspiciously convectively aided to me. There may be a wave there, as there is a residual albeit weak S/W ejected through the midriff of the Rockies through tomorrow ... but the way the runs go about (even in the Euro) then deepening that low over eastern CO, then toting that tight QPF ball along with through the Lakes is all quite odd looking.

We'll see.

Isn't that a MCS complex? With corresponding meso low?

There it is, first 0" depth at the Mount Mansfield snow stake since last fall. The past several days have been traces, indicating the Swiss cheese snow cover, but looks like the warmth finally killed it. Average first 0" reading is May 22nd.

SXUS51 KBTV 022141

HYDBTV

DAILY HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL DATA

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

541 PM EDT MON JUN 2 2014

STATION PRECIP TEMPERATURE PRESENT SNOW

24 HRS MAX MIN CUR WEATHER NEW TOTAL SWE

...VERMONT...

MOUNT MANSFIELD 0.00 72 47 70 0.0 0

It's hot--too many blankets.    I think my usual summer low ends up being around 58 or so, so it's pretty close to that.

Up to 59/53 now. 

Hoping for rain--really don't want to have to water the new (what will become) lawn if I don't have too.

Take the blankets off.

is that mostly west of our area?

The low moves across SNE on the euro. It's probably nothing...but sort of raises a flag when you have a strengthening low moving across SNE with lots of humid air moving in from the south. Of course it's heavily dependent on today's future derecho over Nebraska. That's going to cause some modeling issues in terms of track.

Nobody even close to 70 near the airport on the meso stations. Congrats on the torch I guess.

Right in the Champlain Valley yes. Climate Maps this morning should show it well when it runs at 10am (EDIT: Climate Maps show 24 hour min, so it won't be representative as it'll have yesterday's morning lows)

Champlain Valley + South Wind = Warmer than anywhere else. South wind is our friend here :D , North wind not so much.

91dxt0.png

Archived