• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great....flying out of Logan at 6pm that day to return 24 hours later.  could my timing be any worse?

The next 10 days could be special....

lol...Euro has you leaving just ahead of the rapidly crashing snow line....which should enable you to get out.  Unless another tick occurs...all it will take for BOS is a relatively small tick at this point.

In all seriousness, the one thing I'm not liking about this system is that models have consistently eroded the high pressure...It's more to the northwest now, meaning the cold air doesn't arrive until the low is already past us. NWS does have a rapid temperature drop, from 54F Tuesday afternoon to 28F Wednesday night, for us, and 850s reach -16C across SNE by 12z on Thursday with -20C 850s making it down to WV. 

Clearly the lines are drawn and everyone wants a storm...lol.   

Yeah, ...not to come off as hypocritical, and I know I have been wax-nostalgia over getting over winter at times today... Still, I am not a numb-nut, either. As more than a mere enthusiast of the weather, even I can sense the over-bearing quiescence that we've ...well I guess "suffered" is the right word -- though a good bit of that suffering is an irrational obsession disorder but I digress -- haha.

Seriously, it's just been boring.  Relentlessly for what...is this three weeks now?  February was great.  On Ground Hog day, I had patches of 2" snow, otherwise bare ground before winter hell kicked in. At one point I was at 29" on the level, all of which took place in 3 or 4 nickle-dime storms in two week's time.  

I am now down to about 9" of corn snow;  lost three inches of it yesterday alone.  Snow pack is less important to me after about Feb 20th of every year, because of the inevitability of days like yesterday, or fake warm days like today. But, it would more interesting if there interesting events taking place. 

Yeah, ...not to come off as hypocritical, and I know I have been wax-nostalgia over getting over winter at times today... Still, I am not a numb-nut, either. As more than a mere enthusiast of the weather, even I can sense the over-bearing quiescence that we've ...well I guess "suffered" is the right word -- though a good bit of that suffering is an irrational obsession disorder but I digress -- haha.

Seriously, it's just been boring. Relentlessly for what...is this three weeks now? February was great. On Ground Hog day, I had patches of 2" snow, otherwise bare ground before winter hell kicked in. At one point I was at 29" on the level, all of which took place in 3 or 4 nickle-dime storms in two week's time.

I am now down to about 9" of corn snow; lost three inches of it yesterday alone. Snow pack is less important to me after about Feb 20th of every year, because of the inevitability of days like yesterday, or fake warm days like today. But, it would more interesting if there interesting events taking place.

patience grasshopper

Seriously, it's just been boring.  Relentlessly for what...is this three weeks now?  February was great.  On Ground Hog day, I had patches of 2" snow, otherwise bare ground before winter hell kicked in. At one point I was at 29" on the level, all of which took place in 3 or 4 nickle-dime storms in two week's time.  

I am now down to about 9" of corn snow;  lost three inches of it yesterday alone.  Snow pack is less important to me after about Feb 20th of every year, because of the inevitability of days like yesterday, or fake warm days like today. But, it would more interesting if there interesting events taking place. 

It does feel like something will pop in this pattern. I mean if somehow the pike misses 10" of snow by 30 miles on Thursday morning...I'd say our thoughts of this pattern paying off worked out. Also, like you mentioned, St Patty's Day is creeping up as a potential too...perhaps more beyond that. There will be some that go Erin Go Bragh-less if St Patty's day works out...lol.

BTV bit the hook and is going all in...and they seem to be looking for a heavy wet snow.

WE ARE NOW LOOKING AT PRECIPITATION AMOUNTS RANGING FROM
AROUND 0.25 INCHES SAINT LAWRENCE TO AS MUCH AS 1.25 INCHES
CENTRAL/SOUTHERN VERMONT. LOOKING AT A SNOW EVENT...ALTHOUGH IT WILL
BE MARGINAL FOR SNOW/RAIN MIX OVER THE VALLEYS OF SOUTHERN VERMONT
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. IF CURRENT TRENDS CONTINUE...WINTER STORM
WATCHES WILL EVENTUALLY BE NEEDED FOR MOST OF THE AREA FOR A
HEAVY WET SNOW WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY MORNING.

1798697_10151898829842382_1983351920_n.j

BTV bit the hook and is going all in...and they seem to be looking for a heavy wet snow.

WE ARE NOW LOOKING AT PRECIPITATION AMOUNTS RANGING FROM

AROUND 0.25 INCHES SAINT LAWRENCE TO AS MUCH AS 1.25 INCHES

CENTRAL/SOUTHERN VERMONT. LOOKING AT A SNOW EVENT...ALTHOUGH IT WILL

BE MARGINAL FOR SNOW/RAIN MIX OVER THE VALLEYS OF SOUTHERN VERMONT

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. IF CURRENT TRENDS CONTINUE...WINTER STORM

WATCHES WILL EVENTUALLY BE NEEDED FOR MOST OF THE AREA FOR A

HEAVY WET SNOW WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY MORNING.

1798697_10151898829842382_1983351920_n.j

That snow does not look wet at all except maybe the very onset. ITs like a powder blizzard with temps in the teens once it gets going, lol.

Archived