• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Will was annoyed by all of the troll posts over the past 24 hours.

No, mostly correcting over-exaggerating posts....the 18z GFS was very close to mixing there, whether it did or got within 10 miles...its fairly irrelevant anyway at this stage.

One of the reasons I personally despise the extreme dissection of verbatim model solutions at this stage is because of debates like this...and they are almost completely meaningless in the scheme of the storm.

No, mostly correcting over-exaggerating posts....the 18z GFS was very close to mixing there, whether it did or got within 10 miles...its fairly irrelevant anyway at this stage.

One of the reasons I personally despise the extreme dissection of verbatim model solutions at this stage is because of debates like this...and they are almost completely meaningless in the scheme of the storm.

I think we are on the same page. "Looks good for 12+" and "no rain here" were just meant to rub Kev the wrong way.

I think we are on the same page. "Looks good for 12+" and "no rain here" were just meant to rub Kev the wrong way.

what are you talking about? Based on 18z gfs I made my call. Earlier Kevin asked how much rain I would get. I answered with we won't get rain here.

Anyway - I still the this ticks a little SE and get others in on the fun...

what are you talking about? Based on 18z gfs I made my call. Earlier Kevin asked how much rain I would get. I answered with we won't get rain here.

Anyway - I still the this ticks a little SE and get others in on the fun...

It's all good, I understand the overcompensation that is sometimes required in the face of extreme weenieism.

Just think the back and forth was getting to Will, and I respect his position as well.

You certainly are sitting better than Tolland county CT right now. 12+ is a stretch for any storm in this +NAO regime, but you aren't in a bad spot.

2-8? Seriously? I hope the producers are just on his back, otherwise I'm a little disappointed. That's like the difference between a flyswatter and a rifle.

I'd guess 4-8, but I'm sure that is nowhere close to the actual estimates once its all said and done.

Lol that was a good one. But yeah on s serious not, huge difference in 2 vs 8

Def not confident where I am. Burbank could be right.

But as has been stated, 25 mile wobbles will make the weeble

so... you get 2 and I get 8?  Or vice versa?  You know, he probably means 8, because 8 is bigger than 2, and everyone knows bigger is better, and more is better than less, and bigger numbers are more exciting, and yadah yadah.

Think the uncertainty message is getting through?  I'd take his forecast with a grain of salt, its just waaay to early to tell. I totally agree though, this could go either way, and it could do so rather spectacularly.

Its still a bit early...so we'll have to wait another 24h or so, but the flash freeze should really be watched in this one for the ~50 mile zone south of where the mix line makes its furthest advance...just about every model shows it right now.

It could be a potentially brutal flash freeze with the cold that gets tapped on the back side of this storm.

Its still a bit early...so we'll have to wait another 24h or so, but the flash freeze should really be watched in this one for the ~50 mile zone south of where the mix line makes its furthest advance...just about every model shows it right now.

It could be a potentially brutal flash freeze with the cold that gets tapped on the back side of this storm.

Something I have been watching, what a tremendous height crash, day after tomorrow stuff

Something I have been watching, what a tremendous height crash, day after tomorrow stuff

I thought that was global warming.  

I kind of wonder what the commute monday morning will look like.  Hours of rain could end in a quick 2-4 of fluff, sitting ever so nicely on a thin coating of black ice.  Massive school closures and Atlanta style traffic, anyone?

Relax guys - geez... so i didn't know it existed. big deal -

I am relaxed...just playful banter between model runs. You are the one who publicly called out this period, and even stated that the period AFTER this upcoming one could bear watching. I applaud you for that.

Archived