• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah probably...I had no idea where you got pike-south looked bad on that GFS run a couple days ago when BDL was all snow...I clicked on twister and got this...but perhaps because their point soundings are not exact and plymouth didn't have 78h that we are differing.

GFS_3_2014030918_F78_42_5000_N_71_5000_W

Not that this matters anyway.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Like you said the exact details don't matter at this point.

FWIW, you can get the Plym soundings every 6hr, but you have to edit the URL. They should just put the 6hr increments in the drop down selection instead of the 3d, 3.5d incs. I should have weatherma relay that suggestion to Plym.

post-3-0-07379600-1394412307_thumb.jpg

The signal for the 18th is impressive...  Once we lock this system into a more confidence frame-work, I think a thread should get going for that one.   In part ... because when this "threat" was first introduced, I and others noted that it could be split into more than one event type of "era" more so than a one and doner. 

To me it seems destined to be that way -

Agreed.

I'm not saying we are done in SNE for Wed/Thurs by any means though I think, as already noted, we are getting some level of consensus that the best place to be is north. However, this threat has morphed from its quasi Miller A look to more of an Ohio Valley-NYC-CC Canal track. Just a different beast and I always lower expectations when it shakes out that way whether the threat be suppression, P-type, etc. More can go wrong, zone of "winners" is narrowed substantially. Just based on the nature of the track alone ignoring exactly where it goes spatially, I've dropped major emotional investment. I get alot more upset if I miss the snow by 4 miles in a great Dec Noreaster due to CF, these situations "oh well".

18th threat looks more like what we have been looking for, lets hope it holds. This one did not but the 18th has a bit more of a favorable look to things at 500 mb on the ensembles. PV is already in place and another impulse comes around it roughly out of western Hudson Bay and anything that gets going is likely going to have to dig for oil and move northeast.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Like you said the exact details don't matter at this point.

FWIW, you can get the Plym soundings every 6hr, but you have to edit the URL. They should just put the 6hr increments in the drop down selection instead of the 3d, 3.5d incs. I should have weatherma relay that suggestion to Plym.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh I didn't know you could edit the url...thanks for the info.

Yeah you weren't seeing things based on that sounding. The point sounding from twister looks like its more like 8 miles south of ASH, so obviously thats how close were talking.

And of course like 8 miles on a 78 hour GFS output is like an order of magnitude less than the error bar for the model accuracy at that range. :lol:

Has anyone got any feedback as to how the sref plumes have done since their upgrade? Graphics are different

I know they were a disaster in last week's storm...but most models were so I'm not sure it is the best reference point. 

Archived