• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

I heard someone say we are getting two feet next week. I just cannot stand this hype. It's not even like any model supports that, you would have to go digging through the ensembles to find a viral snowmap.

IMHO all models should be a paid service. Sick of people with no brains misinterpreting them and hyping things.

Your average joe will not understand the difference between real mets and morons with Facebook pages and so they are less like to believe "them" (real meteorologists) when "they" (Facebook weenies) get it wrong.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard someone say we are getting two feet next week. I just cannot stand this hype. It's not even like any model supports that, you would have to go digging through the ensembles to find a viral snowmap.

IMHO all models should be a paid service. Sick of people with no brains misinterpreting them and hyping things.

Your average joe will not understand the difference between real mets and morons with Facebook pages and so they are less like to believe "them" (real meteorologists) when "they" (Facebook weenies) get it wrong.

Models a paid service? Bad idea. Weather is a public interest. Having models readily available for free should be a priority.

Downplaying a threat and declaring days away that nobody is getting more than a few inches, when the actual mets were still trying to figure it out, is just as stupid.

So is saying that next winter we'll be back to tracking cartoppers, when none of us have much a clue what it's going to be like.

There has to be some way to stop this. It is getting out of control. People like weather boy and especially Kevin Martin are big examples of this.

Welcome to the age of social media. Best way you can fight it is educate others on weather models and what they mean. Give a little Meteorology 101 as well.

Models a paid service? Bad idea. Weather is a public interest. Having models readily available for free should be a priority.

Not to mention we pay for them already through tax money--at least the US ones. Bigger issues overall are from the hypester mets, and now the viral media sensations entering the weather discussions largely with journalists who barely understand what they are writing about. 

Not to mention we pay for them already through tax money--at least the US ones. Bigger issues overall are from the hypester mets, and now the viral media sensations entering the weather discussions largely with journalists who barely understand what they are writing about.

Right, but if people insist on having low tax rates then we should have low expectations on model quality.

A lot of people complain about the "performance" of US weather models, but they don't want to ante up.

We could have better models, better roads, better schools, better everything if we had a realistic tax scheme in Merica.

I appreciate the folks who are sticking with the superbomb threat, but the writing is in the wall. We haven't seen any appreciable shift in the overall look in the last few days. I realize that there are a lot of variables at play, but something tells me that the models have a good lock on this thing bombing too far east for us, and giving Nova Scotia a walloping.

Funny how this has been a wonderful winter and I will feel awful if this bomb misses us. 

I'm not sure what to think about the game tonight. I hope we have more of an inside game than we did against St. Joes. My bracket is in trouble though. My pool has the stupid bonus points for picking upsets. I got smoked in the 12 v. 5 matchups.

Yeah I didn't pick any of those upsets except Dayton but I'm only 3 points out of first (but tied for 21st place) in my bracket...the problem is so many people tied or ahead of me have the same final four (Arizona, Lousiville, Florida, and Mich St) which means these early rounds for 1-2 points each correct pick will likely matter in the end if that final four happens.

I thought the UConn-Butler game was the worst basketball I have ever seen, but this Louisville game is making a good run at the title.

AND WHY HAVE I WASTED HOURS ON A ******* STORM THAT IS NOT LIKELY TO SMOKE US?!?!?

Most embarrassing national title ever.

I was there in 2004 when uconn won. Nothing like a college championship to remind you we are animals. ;) the best was when the women won after and the party was some car honking lol.

Archived