joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really not much more you can say at this point. Hopefully the 00z runs stabilize a bit.

One other idea I sort of entertained is if we get more of a front end thump later Sunday Night and Monday and then a second wave is the one that effects NJ on south. The 18z GEFS almost hunt at this.

Isn't that kinda what the GFS was doing 2 days ago ?

Not bad, I think even if none of us were to have a flake of snow the rest of the way (it'd be disappointing) we couldn't really complain. Back-to-back solid winters.

If it hadn't been for feb this year this winter would have been meh.....Here in west Hartford anyway.....and honestly last year if it hadn't been for the blizzard in feb las winter Would have been meh too....feb saves the day

GFS still looks like a moderate 15F sandstorm for much of SNE. Though the upper levels were quite different in how they arrived at that solution.

The southern shortwave was better looking...but it phases in less energy from the northern plains so those two factors sor tof offset eachother so we end up with not much change.

GFS looks awesome for SNE. Best stuff makes it to just about the CT/MA border.

As stated by many earlier though, there is an extreme cutoff. SNE jackpots, CNE does pretty well, and NNE is left high and dry. Obviously a lot can change, still 72+ hours out. But, usually the GFS has the smoothest QPF of the models since it isn't hi-res, so for it to show an extreme cutoff does mean something. Something to keep note of as we get closer.

GFS still looks like a moderate 15F sandstorm for much of SNE. Though the upper levels were quite different in how they arrived at that solution.

The southern shortwave was better looking...but it phases in less energy from the northern plains so those two factors sor tof offset eachother so we end up with not much change.

what do you mean by sandstorm?

Boy have I heard this often this winter

I think this has been exaggerated quite a bit to be honest. A lot of people are above normal in terms of snow, so it can't be that bad.

I so think with this storm, stakes are kind of high. 50 miles either way is going to have huge sensible weather changes for a ton of posters here

I think this has been exaggerated quite a bit to be honest. A lot of people are above normal in terms of snow, so it can't be that bad.

I so think with this storm, stakes are kind of high. 50 miles either way is going to have huge sensible weather changes for a ton of posters here

Not been bad at all. Just heard that a lot this season.

Well it is certainly above normal here but it's not even close to a top ten winter and we are behind last years totals (granted still a ways to go however) and the surrounding area has cleaned up quite a bit in comparison,

February made up for some of those storms earlier that were suppressed in January. ORH has had over 41 inches of snow this month, so it can't be that bad.

Only the 4th snowiest February on record. :lol:

February made up for some of those storms earlier that were suppressed in January. ORH has had over 41 inches of snow this month, so it can't be that bad.

Only the 4th snowiest February on record. :lol:

Lol yeah that's pretty awesome. I agree it started off where the two bigger events were south of Boston centric.

Since then, not really. It's a perception thing. People don't remember when south and east areas are slop or rain, they only remember when they are the only place getting snow.

Anyways I digress, I do think the fear now over everything is suppression. I'm curious too see if the euro holds steady or comes north after a pretty large swing at 12z. Hopefully we have the southern goal post set up

Archived