Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKMET looked pretty darn good.

Until we see both the inter-model ensemble spread and multi-model ensemble spread decrease, its going to be difficult to make a lot of proclaimations about this system that aren't mostly guesswork.

There's argument for both sides...the side that wants to argue suppression can say the PV is really strong, the side that wants to argue more amplification can point to southern stream gulf connection and springtime convection, pwats, etc.

Until we see both the inter-model ensemble spread and multi-model ensemble spread decrease, its going to be difficult to make a lot of proclaimations about this system that aren't mostly guesswork.

There's argument for both sides...the side that wants to argue suppression can say the PV is really strong, the side that wants to argue more amplification can point to southern stream gulf connection and springtime convection, pwats, etc.

And both are valid. It will be interesting to see how it works out. While I wouldn't peg them to jack...I don't buy people like HubbDave looking at virga as the GFS depicts.

While I personally think the most likely scenario (better than 50/50) is 6"+ south of the Pike the 12z GFS is certainly within the realm of possibility. That PV north of the border means business. Any slight change in orientation or a new "lobe" that develops on the models could mean curtains for this storm in parts of the region. 

Archived