joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course all of us didn't want to see 12z go south. However, I think it is an outlier. Gem/uk/euro are all solid hits, gfs seems to be southern outlier until 12z euro comes out. If euro goes south...

Seems they are behaving towards their normal biases. Besides my weenie sentiments, I do think the international models are the way to go with Southern stream systems like these. Euro at 1PM will follow the GGEM/UK IMO.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Seems they are behaving towards their normal biases. Besides my weenie sentiments, I do think the international models are the way to go with Southern stream systems like these. Euro at 1PM will follow the GGEM/UK IMO.

Sent from my VS980 4G

It's a volatile pattern. I'd advise against feeling great towards any forecast snowfall for YBY until the snow os actually on the radar.

It's a volatile pattern. I'd advise against feeling great towards any forecast snowfall for YBY until the snow os actually on the radar.

Believe me, I know we're in trouble up here...could see it a week ago with the strong PV directly north of me. Had a similar scenario in Jan. where every model was showing us getting in on the NW quadrant of one of those cold storms,only to see it all shrivel up @game time. You should do well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Seems to be a very tough system for guidance to resolve. Kind of fascinating.

Are you surprised?

I've said it before,but I can't recall a more trying season amongst contemporary modeling schemes.

Utter chaos, but I guess that is pretty indicative of sesaon characterized by progressive regimes.

Of course all of us didn't want to see 12z go south. However, I think it is an outlier. Gem/uk/euro are all solid hits, gfs seems to be southern outlier until 12z euro comes out. If euro goes south...

Wouldn't surprise me.

I'd just hold tight for abother 48 hrs, regardless.

Euro is definitely going to be flatter this run.

GFS/Euro south...GGEM/Ukmet north for the 12z trends. Probably not the combo we wanted, but there's still so much complexity to this setup that its probably going to be at least until early tomorrow to really get confident.

That would be disastah

I mean we are starting to get a taste this last week of powder freaks winter. Threats getting surpressed. Whatcha goin do.

Hopefully NAO /MJO phase 8 stay consistent in modeling over weekend. That will set us up for a nice shot in a week and iit will send natural gas prices to the moon again.

Archived