• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

It might depend on the exact track, but that's some cold air coming down. That seems like it would peg further south towards pym county. The GFS actually has an awesome ribbon of VVs from near where you are down to the south coast at 700mb despite QPF being a little less to the north.

Yea, I was going to guess Messenger's area.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see snow sneaking into his area near dusk..but anything on Sunday for now seems minimal.

Yeah, but, like, who cares.

The bottom line is, what previous had a look of a strung out longer duration stretch of waves of snow with a larger one Monday is really now a Monday storm with maybe a passing snow shower or two the day before.

Clinging to "but also snow Sunday" is just that.

Oh that NAM. Love the one run changes.

Haha it had like no measurable from the main event at 00z.

Although I will say this run that it is probably pretty close to correct in this winter's game of "Lets see how hard we can bone the northern half of Vermont relative to every other area."  The NAM gets an A+ on this run, lol.  We are getting some classic payback for destroying most other areas in snowfall the past like 8 seasons, haha.

This storm is going to place many locations in  ILL IND  OH  PA   NY   Northern NJ and CT near are very close to the all time record for the most snow to single season.  And with all of the data extremely strong on the indication that the positive TNH  pattern is going to last through the entire month of March...  It's possible many these areas will break the all time snow records.  

1926824_654046834642578_1845840988_n.jpg

Thats way too optimistic in PHL...I'd be amazed if they are not siginificantly sleet in this event

It's a tough call. I'm always aware of the trends with these srn systems. At the same time, that's a hell of a PV to the north, but if it wobbles or changes orientation even a little bit..that's all it takes.

This storm is going to place many locations in  ILL IND  OH  PA   NY   Northern NJ and CT near are very close to the all time record for the most snow to single season.  And with all of the data extremely strong on the indication that the positive TNH  pattern is going to last through the entire month of March...  It's possible many these areas will break the all time snow records.

Decatur, IL, where I have family, is currently at 36.5" snowfall, 7th most since 1900. Their 3 biggest winters are 49.7", 47.8", and 42.6", and they're dead center in DT's 8-14" stripe. WSO in Lincoln is less sumptuous, currently thinking 6-9" there, but even that puts #3 in play.

While juicy, the 6z GFS is quite meh on snow growth. I'd be hesitant to go more than 10 or 12:1 with that look. The best omega is located pretty far under the SGZ. In fact for the south coast the best omega is right around 700mb where temperatures are closer to -5C. 

Hours and hours of sand.

Archived