joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had 100 grand..i would bet 75k of it that this will bring snow as far north os Central NH and southern maine..and the heaviest snows were from S NH down to sw CT.

Honestly. the Euro always gets overzealous with the PV strength and placement and we see it back off in the coming days.

Like clock work

Wish I had bet

Ride the Rev folks. I'll take you places

Dark places...  :ph34r:  

Or it could continue trending south...

No it couldn't. It hasn't been trending south. Anyone that follows wx knows that southern stream events always come north the final 36 hours and that the PV is never as strong as moidelled. In essence what you'll see is the precip/qpf shield well north of where it's modeled today..there's going to be fronto bands..the whole nine. I actually loved this run for the stated reasons.

Congrats PHL to DC. At least it'll be mostly sunny now up here, with no cirrus to block the strengthening sun haha.

That 00z GFS run looked awfully boring, dry, and cold for its duration....luckily yesterday's run showed bomb after bomb.

i give you a lot of credit for being so cool about this winter, i am so sick of these zero mornings. but up there the cold and not much snow has to get old

Not much snow? They are near avg.

Not even close in the mountains.  BTV may be but we aren't.  J.Spin is about 30" under and 3-4 weeks behind schedule at his place, too.  BTV and the mountains can have much different patterns though...like 2011-2012 was one of the worst on record at BTV with like 36" while here a few miles east in the mountains we were only a little below average with 100" in town and 270" on the mountain (that was an upslope driven winter where BTV was partly cloudy while feet fell here). 

But lets let the season finish and then see where the numbers lay.  I think it'll be interesting to look at.

well for all those 20 plus below mornings dont you think he deserves a two footer?

It was only -10F this morning, so not too bad.  I don't think anyone "deserves" a two footer or likewise not to get one.  We have no control over the weather so its not like Santa Claus where if you are a good boy or girl, Mother Nature will bestow on you a HECS.

Archived