joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least 3-6.

I mean there's posters here that seem to think SNE is going to get no snow lol

No one has said that SNE gets no snow, lol.  I've read the last like three pages this morning and didn't see anything saying that all of SNE is dry.  

That's like when you think by someone saying a system "favors" a certain area, that you aren't going to get any snow.

At least 3-6.

I mean there's posters here that seem to think SNE is going to get no snow 

Maybe the New England South coast. Phil has reason to be optimistic for his area...they could do real well.  For you and me...not feeling great for more than 2-3" of sublimation.

To the Mass pike. I think there's a 50/50 shot of that happening. Have you not noticed the trends this morning?

What trend? GFS narrowed the gap and actually lowered amounts here. RGEM isn't inspiring either. I don't think me saying 2-3" is unreasonable for you. Maybe you get 6", but that's basically wishcasting right now.  Euro ensemble QPF gives you about 4".

What trend? GFS narrowed the gap and actually lowered amounts here. RGEM isn't inspiring either. I don't think me saying 2-3" is unreasonable for you. Maybe you get 6", but that's basically wishcasting right now.  Euro ensemble QPF gives you about 4".

Well I'm simply saying I thinp to the Pike has a chance of 6. So 3-6 would be the call for now

Well I'm simply saying I thinp to the Pike has a chance of 6. So 3-6 would be the call for now

Yeah I suppose it could....I just don't have any confidence. I actually would not surprise to see model QPF come north, but models also always underestimate the gradients and dry air advecting in from the north. In other words, you want to see a big jump north because I guarantee the nrn edge of this will be a virga storm.

The NYC thread is easily hands down the worst. It's like weenies gone wild.

:lol: you didnt know that intense wishcasting can yeild results on the models? Snow88 is going to hack the 12z this morning and insert a HECS virus. I will say this though this storm's fate will generally be decided from 6z this morning through 00z tonight, all players are literally on the playing field so barring a collective bed wetting from the models today we will know the deal

I think that's fair to say there's a "chance" of 6 if things bump north.  Everyone should get 1-3" as the boundary sags southward (maybe more like D-2") but the main variable right now is if the better lift is able to ride back northward as the main low passes underneath.  That's what'll make this go from a 2-3" to a like 5-7" in CT.

Coastal brought up the good point that was brought up a couple days ago too, that the northern end will end up with a lot of virga.  There will be some very dry arctic air undercutting this system with light northerly flow.

Yep. We'll see what happens. I can't shake the fact that part of me thinks the NAM is onto something, but I'm hesitant into thinking the globals are that far off.

Yeah, the SREFS coming northward isn't too surprising seeing how far north the NAM was at 6z with 0.75" melted QPF up to the MA/NH/VT border, lol.

Slight difference there from the 6z GFS/00zECM/0zGGEM... Haha.

Yep. We'll see what happens. I can't shake the fact that part of me thinks the NAM is onto something, but I'm hesitant into thinking the globals are that far off.

Could be one of its rare times it may have latched on to the right solution, It's to bad it's not even some what reliable

No one has said that SNE gets no snow, lol.  I've read the last like three pages this morning and didn't see anything saying that all of SNE is dry.  

That's like when you think by someone saying a system "favors" a certain area, that you aren't going to get any snow.

lol!

Haunting words forever.

Mass suicides commencing, right on track.

I am not sure how high people's hopes were for this to be a MASSIVE storm, but knowing that it has been over hyped for days now gave me a definite reason to keep expectaions low.

why Kevin ever said that, makes zero sense in a scientific way. Not going to take much of an axis shift to put much of Ryans FA in some goods, good thing its only Saturday not the night before Monday Am rush, school decision time.

It won't take much to have dim sun either.

Archived