Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, this area is hilarious.

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014, all Prince William County Public Schools will be closed due to inclement weather in certain areas. Code Red for employees. All school division activities including Professional Development sessions are cancelled. SACC will not open

http://pwcs.schoolfusion.us/modules/cms/pages.phtml?pageid=162137

Pretty sure most schools that are closed tomorrow will be S MD and VA schools

When does the school year usually end here? God help the kids who will be in class until July. I assume y'all cancel when we torch here too?

No lol.  Even if its forecast to be 100 degrees, kids go to school... just usually then not allowed outside for recess

When does the school year usually end here? God help the kids who will be in class until July. I assume y'all cancel when you torch here too?

I don't think so. Hell, neither my high school or elementary school in NJ had A/C and we never cancelled once for hot weather.

As for snow, 6"+ was about what you needed...

Most schools will prob have a delay due to the cold in the morning and the ice/snow anyway

As everyone knows, I'm not advocating for schools to be closed for relatively minor events (especially for two days), but if they don't close tomorrow, then it makes some of their prior decisions to close look even more ridiculous than they already were.

•  
  • MondaySnow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 17 by 3pm. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Reading yesterday's zone forecast for today is still a little sad, even though it was a cool event.

When does the school year usually end here? God help the kids who will be in class until July. I assume y'all cancel when you torch here too?

With all the snow days used up FCPS MD is still on schedule to have their last day on June 11th. Although we have had three days that we originally had off when school will be in session. March 21st was a Teacher work day ending 3rd term. And the first, April 14th and last day April 21st of spring break have been taken away. And with today off the kids will be in school now on April 15th during spring break. If we are off tomorrow, hoping we are not will even take a 2 hr. delay, a day will be added onto the end of they year making the last day June 12th.

We do not cancel in hot weather. All our systems schools have AC. Now if a school is having issues with AC only that school is closed. Kids are kept in from outdoors activities, recess and PE. We have had quite a few days like that over the years.

I was watching the birds at my deck feeders when all of them (about 8, plus 6-7 more below on the snow) all suddenly flew away as if something were coming after them. I looked toward the direction they saw whatever it was and saw a large white bird flying over the house. I went to the other side and saw it circle the area behind my house, swoop back, and they fly away again. the markings, body shape, size, and flight pattern were all those of a snowy owl. then I went woohoo!

Awesome! That would make this a number one winter for me. 

Archived