Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern reload cold and snow discussion last week of February

Ginx snewx

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for calling me out.

"favoring the SE areas" to me means just what you say in the last sentence. Without completely understanding an and all weather jargon and explanations that one is pretty easy to comprehend, but again, thanks for making me feel like the knuckle dragger of the weather community.

:pimp:

be careful he might get upset because you post on another board.

Thanks for calling me out.

"favoring the SE areas" to me means just what you say in the last sentence.  Without completely understanding an and all weather jargon and explanations that one is pretty easy to comprehend, but again, thanks for making me feel like the knuckle dragger of the weather community.

:pimp:

lol... don't worry, we'll make sure to explain everything more in detail for you.  Everyone knows you only appreciate the posts that specifically mention your area.  Oh, wait...maybe we've got you confused with someone else?

Eh. I just hate wasting cold like this. It's a shame Wednesday is trending to the toilet.

This winter has featured plenty of cold and generally dry stretches on the snow front, with the exception of the first half of February, which you guys nailed that long range call of increased storminess and better snow than January.  I mean, when it wasn't raining in January, it was cold and dry.  I still chuckle thinking back to January and how halfway through the month a lot of NNE had more inches of rainfall than inches of snowfall.  That's hard to do. 

25F Sunny with flurries.  lol   Stray LES flakes?

Yeah some nice plumes sending snow showers into SVT and the northern Berkshires. 

You know its a cold airmass when you are still getting lake effect at the end of February when the lakes are almost at their seasonal coldest temperatures and the delta-t's are still high.

box still thinks an inch or two of powder for the area is possible wed, that would be better than nothing. they said the energy coming into focus for better sampling today....i remember a couple of the non wish casters saying the greater likelyhood was cold and dry and it looks like they are right...even in the nyc thread one could hear a pin drop.

This winter has featured plenty of cold and generally dry stretches on the snow front, with the exception of the first half of February, which you guys nailed that long range call of increased storminess and better snow than January. I mean, when it wasn't raining in January, it was cold and dry. I still chuckle thinking back to January and how halfway through the month a lot of NNE had more inches of rainfall than inches of snowfall. That's hard to do.

But down here, we start to enter the time of year where cold is a much more precious commodity. Perhaps not now, but in about 10 days or so. Just hate seeing a pattern cold and dry this time of year, not complaining...hoping next week turns the table an I think it will.

Wed still could produce some light accumulations..esp BOS-PVD and SE, but the possibility of >2" is starting to become a long shot.

The pattern does look pretty spectacular for the first week of March, so we'll probably have at least one or two chances then...perhaps going beyond that as well. 3/3-4 seems to be a big signal right now, but of course all the caveats apply at this lead time. It is a historically loaded date too...so perhaps this year will continue the theme.

I wouldn't go to sleep on 3/1-2 yet either.

Ive noticed you get very irritable at times on here. The problem is when someone says it favors SE areas. Folks that don't follow closely or might not understand the wx fully like Garth or MPM think that means it's only going to snow over SE mass. While the rest of the region sees no snow. The comment favors SE areas needs to be changed to favored for heaviest amouts, but the entire region still sees accumulating snow.

Perhaps SE areas can pull off 1-3" on Wednesday.

So...Just to be clear for dummies like me and Mike, you are not suggesting that SE areas are favored, but that they are really the ONLY region in the game at this point.

So...Just to be clear for dummies like me and Mike, you are not suggesting that SE areas are favored, but that they are really the ONLY region in the game at this point.

Probably for anything over an inch.

Cant rule out a dusting to an inch for just about everybody quite yet.

After last nights runs, you are correct.  This midweek system looks , by-in-large, a miss for the majority of New England.

And it still may miss SE areas too.

box still thinks an inch or two of powder for the area is possible wed, that would be better than nothing. they said the energy coming into focus for better sampling today....i remember a couple of the non wish casters saying the greater likelyhood was cold and dry and it looks like they are right...even in the nyc thread one could hear a pin drop.

Calling people who are professionals in the field wishcasters is bad form, many Mets here had snow on Wed in their forecasts, how were they wishcasting when models showed it? 

Wednesday never looked "great", but when reliable guidance does have a chance of snow 3 days out...I don't see it as wishcasting to throw it in the forecast. It's 3 days out. Now we are less than three and things may change, but who cares? Are some of you really banking on something questionable three days out and then pissed if it doesn't happen? It's called weather...it changes. 

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this was a whiff for just about everyone. For Wednesday that is. It doesn't look great, and it is trending less impressive. The end result could be even drier than models have it ( as was the case last night)

I think still some light accumulations could happen down the cape, but off the cape a dusting might do it unfortunately. It would be a shame because that period held promise

March could start of good though

Archived