• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner
Herb@MAWS

Feb 12-13 Obs for "The Storm That Wouldn't Say NO"

Light snow started in Crofton MD a few minutes before 7.

Whitened the ground everywhere, now just a few flurries. Sounded like rimed flakes.

Snowing at a good clip in Madison county, the east slope of the blue ridge looks to be a sweet spot for this one.

Light snow began about 20-25 minutes ago. Very small flakes. Immediate stickage :)

Yardstick out and ready ;)

Temp 27

Good Idea to also post your location because they are not showing up!

been light snowing in Arlington for about 20min and sticking to everything.  love it.  Can't wait for this storm especially since this might be my last winter in the DC area as I think I might be moving to sunny San Diego by next fall.  

I want to thank everyone on this board for the last four years.  I signed up before the first snowstorm in the 09/10 season and have learned A TON since then, turning my hobby to near obsession during these storms.

Let's do this!

Streets whitening in Rockville

Lots of people use this radar already but for the new folks, this is one of the best:

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

You can loop about 26 hours and save gif file of the entire storm. Great learning tool for seeing the entire progression with developing coastals. Resolution is great for knowing when incoming death bands are imminent 

Lots of people use this radar already but for the new folks, this is one of the best:

You can loop about 26 hours and save gif file of the entire storm. Great learning tool for seeing the entire progression with developing coastals. Resolution is great for knowing when incoming death bands are imminent 

awesome link, thanks!

funny how greens skipped over DC, but we are about to get in them now!

Great radar Bob. Can it show snow/rain/ice?