• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
East Coast winter storm, February 13th-14th, imminent (Part II)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY...

Okay, some of the 4k NAM products on wxbell are now updated. 10-15" majority of interior with spot 20's in Middlesex hills and NW Ct. Regular ct valley shawdowing but still in the double digits. There are spots into the 20"+ range west of NYC in NJ and north of NYC in NY hudson valley. SNE winner might be Banned Chris in this run. Intense cape ann to Lawrence gradient in NE MA.

Only if you buy the Euro. tough to ignore every other set of guidance including mesos on that. Get that ULL under LI like that and it's gonna snow

So we ride the euro for east tick, but toss it because it doesn't show backlash? Here we go again. 

As we have said...we need more of a tick east...then you can buy it. I already outlined why, earlier on my post with those graphics.

Isn't the euro the only one keeping it that far West? I mean it will obviously be more intense in W SNE but I feel like majority of other models have it traverse SNE as an ending shot of mod-possibly heavy snow.

Your 4k NAM looks pretty similar to the Euro. Follow the higher reflectivities. Front end thump pounds ENE and then the brunt of the deformation stays in far E NY and VT.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_18z/rloop.html

New SREFS are significantly wetter back west... maybe this will come together, lol.

Regarding the SREFs, man check out this wall that'll move into SNE.  3 hour mean of 0.35-0.5" QPF over a very large area.  That's impressive.

Looking forward to blue flashes and seismic booms

So we ride the euro for east tick, but toss it because it doesn't show backlash? Here we go again. 

As we have said...we need more of a tick east...then you can buy it. I already outlined why, earlier on my post with those graphics.

I just don't see how you take the Euro solution verbatim since every other set of guidance really hammers all of SNE. If you've noticed the Euro on the backlash aspect has actually been playing catchup to the others.

Even as is the Euro would drop 1-3 in the lash

I just don't see how you take the Euro solution verbatim since every other set of guidance really hammers all of SNE. If you've noticed the Euro on the backlash aspect has actually been playing catchup to the others.

Even as is the Euro would drop 1-3 in the lash

1-2" for you is different then the 4-6" your throwin out. Again GFS did not give you much in the backlash.

Until BOX changes their snow map I am not really worried.  They have been pretty on this year and I ultimately roll with their forecasts.  They have certainly been right far more than wrong this year for W MA. 

I'm not sure where people are coming up with 2-3" for Springfield area.  I guess anything is possible but I'm skeptical about screw job of that magnitude.

For better or for worse, their maps have been pretty good for us.  I'll take the current one and run.

14-18 seems rather bullish...even the 10-14 in CT.

Oh I'll be in ORH for this,.

LOL

Archived