• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
East Coast winter storm, February 13th-14th, imminent (Part II)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really have felt this one as much as I did last week.  Too many bugs.  We could get lucky but I think we have to rely on a big front end dump and the stinger modeled as well on alot of guidance.

Looks like the mediocre, moderate snowstorm we were talking about a few days ago.

What is with these solutions... i don't get this.  They keep refusing to put heavier QPF in the NW quadrant of this deal.  It's not just NAM, they are all doing that.  Even as this thing passes up W of NS it's NW region still has dents and negative nodes...  Weird.

How is PVD under a WSW and BOS isn't?

Probably has to do with limited antecedent polar high N, such that as PP falls approach from the S the wind may be more normal to the coast. 

That said...gee, the water -- isn't it running a cold anomaly?  If it is 36F water, it can be an east wind all it wants... heavy fall rates should make it wet snow.   

NAM is like opening up the arc on Indiana Jones. You see the solution and you are like...."It is beautiful..."  Will and I are like Indiana tell you don't look at it...don't look at it. All of the sudden..demons start to buzz around your head and your face melts off.

LOL.

Like Tip said (I think he said), I just don't understand the NW cutoff.  Something looks fishy, but BOX and BTV are in agreement with it on their maps. 

I see my hopes of at least an average winter melting away faster than the snowpack on Mount Tolland after March 1.

Probably has to do with limited antecedent polar high N, such that as PP falls approach from the S the wind may be more normal to the coast. 

That said...gee, the water -- isn't it running a cold anomaly?  If it is 36F water, it can be an east wind all it wants... heavy fall rates should make it wet snow.   

Yes I mentioned that earlier..the cold water temps are going to help out a lot of folks

LOL.

Like Tip said (I think he said), I just don't understand the NW cutoff.  Something looks fishy, but BOX and BTV are in agreement with it on their maps. 

I see my hopes of at least an average winter melting away faster than the snowpack on Mount Tolland after March 1.

If the Euro ens are right it's all gone next weekend with 60's and rain

For BOS people, it comes down to the front ender. If it comes in like the NAM...it's a 6-8" paste job at least. Just hope it's a massive omega bomb for six hours like the NAM and even the euro has to an extent. Accept dryslot and taint..in fact hope for a DS..lol. If there is one upside, it's the front end here. 

Archived