joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC reporting snow (not light snow, but snow) in Burlington and I'm not seeing a damn flake with completely filled in radar overhead.  Saturate the DANG COLUMN ALREADY, SHEESH!

(I know that's actuallyprobably good cause it will stay colder for longer, but had to weenie out for a sec)

first flakes literally started passing the window as I hit send on that post.  Preciate the shoutout God :)

It’s really rippin it here right now. I’m surprised that i haven’t switched to sleet. At this point, I think I’m past the inflectio point of the warm nose and should stay snow through out. I’m approaching 2 inches total.

Awesome! Vis is down here and the wind is whipping! Flakes are tiny still and have maybe 1/4" ..

Good lord, I've had this incessant freezing mist for lack of better words for the last 2 hrs.  I may hit half the forecasted totals by March 31 at this rate!  Anywho, down to about 26 degrees and holding steady....radar should begin lighting up through the rest of this evening in NE Georgia.....looking forward to hopefully being on the NW side of the 850 MB low track.....now I'm just holding my breath for snowflakes instead of stinging ice pellets (better than FRZ rain though).  Hopefully we're just far enough NE to stay out of that.

I've been having it too ever since the main precip stopped. Sometimes it's frozen mist, other times it's freezing mist, or freezing drizzle. Right now it's freezing drizzle. It's enough that there is a noticable increase in the crackling of the trees and there is a solid coating of ice now on the snow.  It's surprising how much that can put down after a little while.

Certainly am keeping an eye out on precip redeveloping. It's not excessive but it's the most efficient kind in terms of accumulating on trees and power lines...and so are these conditions with temps down in the upper 20s to near 30 and with the cold temps from 900mb and below allowing those drops that have not refrozen to completely freeze on contact instead of some dripping off before freezing.

It certainly is a bit scary with the winds howling so hard. I can't imagine how much it's worrying those who have gotten a lot of freezing rain up to this point..where as myself I might have 0.15 or so

The gfs is really the only model that gives me much hope to get in on any snow later on. It has what would amount to an inch or two here..while the nam sends it off to the north of me. The 12z euro gives me a shot of a little bit too now but it's awfully close and when I'm close..I fail here recently.

Sometimes they can throw surprises at you. I remember this one storm where this one finger of snow on the tail end of a low like this one gave me a couple of inches because it sat in the same spot for hours before finally just breaking up. It was no wider than maybe 20 or 30 miles.

Archived