Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 500mb map is gorgeous.  

Dropping it in the archives for sure. Well, if it pans out. If we bust them I'm setting my computer on fire and quitting this dumb useless hobby. 

We're not that far out either. GFS has similar h5 patterns just not perfect. I'm still good with a front end thump / dryslot all the way. That's still probably more favorable than the euro but man some clues are getting dropped. 

I don't care if europe comes after me....

West based block....check

Strong vort neutral @ MS river....check

50/50.....check

Boom

attachicon.gifeuroh5.JPG

For whatever it's worth, I agree. The more that low anomalies can undercut the block, the better the cold locks in and likely the slower the storm. It's all there for a great storm.

While front running snows are likely,  Iwould still heed caution this far out, especially since there could be more phasing or the southern vort could start tilting earlier than EURO...Def the best chance for a BIG snowstorm, but I'm being very cautious with this one. 

I worry  we get overrun ahead of the trough/cold air and then changover/dryslot...still could get a moderate event that way

While front running snows are likely,  Iwould still heed caution this far out, especially since there could be more phasing or the southern vort could start tilting earlier than EURO...Def the best chance for a BIG snowstorm, but I'm being very cautious with this one. 

You are always so bullish and this one time where it looks great you are bearish?.

The only thing that matters is the interaction among the two PVs and the block in-between. They will force the changes we see with whatever confluence sets up. Should the eastern PV (Quebec) be slower and/or force low anomalies on back side to cut underneath, this becomes a KU. If the western PV does something totally drastic (my biggest fear) and ruins the block, then this thing goes the way of all the others this year.

For whatever it's worth, I agree. The more that low anomalies can undercut the block, the better the cold locks in and likely the slower the storm. It's all there for a great storm.

We know the risks but It's solutions like this that help me accept less chance at getting screwed all together. I'd be totally happy with a transfer where the primary isn't knocking on lake erie's shores. 

I do think that the blocking signal getting stronger is pretty awesome. I've been expecting it to turn into a GL low and suck the whole mess to detroit. 

I'm in either way. I think the MA has a good shot at a widespread accum snow regardless of how it shakes out. 

by euro run tonight, a day 5 event

By euro tonight, hopefully there will still be an event. :whistle:

Seriously , though, I miss the days when the Euro would lock into an event 5-6 days out and steadily bring it home.  It seems like it has been a while.  Maybe the ride to the weekend won't be such a wild rollercoaster, but instead a nice crusie.  At least Wes is entertaining the possibility that this system offers.

MDstorm

Archived