Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracking a storm 6 days out. Smh

A storm that is on every model and every ensemble mean, this is a weather forum, we track storms whether or not they come to fruition. Its safe to say there is going to be a storm, how exactly it plays out, well thats the fun of it. If we didnt track storms 6 days out this forum wouldn't exist. 

We've been through this before. Hindenburg is posting in here, that says alot. Seems like the NJ fetish is just an excuse to inflate snow totals.

maybe if our own subforum wasn't dead and liked to mostly ignore us we wouldn't have to post in here. But when it comes down to it, during most storms, often our sensible wx is closer to dca than phl

maybe if our own subforum wasn't dead and liked to mostly ignore us we wouldn't have to post in here. But when it comes down to it, during most storms, often our sensible wx is closer to dca than phl

:wub:

This is the stone cold truth, everyone should be happy and exchange ideas without the STD aspect. Regional climates are very similar east of the Blue Ridge. As for the storm, no reason to write it off however I would rather have it suppressed at this point.

I'm rooting for RIC to cash in on the next few runs.

We need at least a 200-mile buffer.

But you know what's funny? Some people were getting all excited about the look of the 12z Euro, which looked to produce a general 8-12" storm (higher amounts in places, I'm sure). But while those of us closer to DC and east would be elated with that, many of our sub-forum brethren have already had a storm or two with those totals. And funny enough, those people (and that 83Gizzards joker) barely even bothered with that run. We suck.

:wub:

This is the stone cold truth, everyone should be happy and exchange ideas without the STD aspect. Regional climates are very similar east of the Blue Ridge. As for the storm, no reason to write it off however I would rather have it suppressed at this point.

This is probably better in banter but unless someone is coming in here rubbing their "omg its pouring snow" in our faces, I have no problem with people from other regions posting in here to discuss the weather, pattern, etc.  Though, it does get tricky when discussing specific runs because more often than not, 40N's feast is our famine (today is a perfect example).

This is probably better in banter but unless someone is coming in here rubbing their "omg its pouring snow" in our faces, I have no problem with people from other regions posting in here to discuss about the weather, pattern, etc. Though, it does get tricky when discussing specific runs because more often than not, 40N's feast is our famine (today is a perfect example).

most if not all of this subforum lies below 40n tho

you don't get it...it doesn't matter where the models put the snow days in advance, we will likely miss it

yes, I know folks, we've had snow this year but my memory goes back before 12/1/13

why specifically? i think odds are in favor of us not getting a hecs. i haven't totally followed the rest of the discussion. we all know you don't want to bullseye at this range, but models keep spitting out interesting scenarios despite what's wrong with the pattern. honestly.. rain would be fine with me as  it fits the larger argument that dc sucks more than it used to when it comes to snow.

most if not all of this subforum lies below 40n tho

Right, I know.  I was referring to someone coming in from another sub forum when talking about a specific model run.  What could be a great run for them, may come at the cost of screwing us.  Just showing how it gets tricky with cross-subforum posting, thats all.  

18z GEFS shows plenty of options left on the table.

why specifically? i think odds are in favor of us not getting a hecs. i haven't totally followed the rest of the discussion. we all know you don't want to bullseye at this range, but models keep spitting out interesting scenarios despite what's wrong with the pattern. honestly.. rain would be fine with me as  it fits the larger argument that dc sucks more than it used to when it comes to snow.

even if DCA gets no more snow, 8.1" is pretty standard fare.....I'm not sure we suck more than we used to...I think we just suck

Archived