• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

People keep saying that but we didn't. Folks in the desolate mountains of n'ern md or phily or nyc may cash in with today's storm but we were never meant to.

Last thing before I jump into banter. I am aware that we didn't really miss a 15" storm. It's just depressing it wasn't cold enough to live up to its potential in prime climo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't just my opinion. I'm obviously not as miserable as two years prior, but this is still a depressing winter. We've busted two WSW and two fairly good patterns. Can't even seem to manage to get some FRZA tomorrow night. We just lost 1.5" to rain man. Sucks.

How do you figure you LOST 1.5" to rain? There are always going to be more rainstorms than snowstorms around here. This isn't Maine.

Well just keeping rolling around in your misery then.

If a hobby isn't fun its time to quit. The pile ons when something doesn't perform is comical and sad. It's funny sometimes with posters. My % of fun and optimistic posts are like 10-1 over b1tch posts and even then my b1tch posts are light hearted. Many are the exact opposite. If something isn't fun, don't spend time doing it. Being a weenie is an optional part of life and all the practice on the world can't change the sensible outcome. Unlike other hobbies like golf and fishing.

The weekend storm has plenty of risks. Waking away wirh no snow would be a bust. That is my bar. Unfortunately many probably set the bar at a big storm so a 2-4/3-5 will bring no joy.

Take what you can get and enjoy it. If it sucks move to the next one and crack some jokes right?

If a hobby isn't fun its time to quit. The pile ons when something doesn't perform is comical and sad. It's funny sometimes with posters. My % of fun and optimistic posts are like 10-1 over b1tch posts and even then my b1tch posts are light hearted. Many are the exact opposite. If something isn't fun, don't spend time doing it. Being a weenie is an optional part of life and all the practice on the world can't change the sensible outcome. Unlike other hobbies like golf and fishing.

The weekend storm has plenty of risks. Waking away wirh no snow would be a bust. That is my bar. Unfortunately many probably set the bar at a big storm so a 2-4/3-5 will bring no joy.

Take what you can get and enjoy it. If it sucks move to the next one and crack some jokes right?

Yeah, my bad guys, kinda snapped. Just disappointed by the 6z GFS. Hoping it brings back our MECS for 0z.

I'm happy with it. I've had 13.7" so far this year.

Me too Wes. Its been a fun year door to door. If we had a single 10-15" storm back in mid Dec and a goose egg since it would be a far worse winter than we've had so far imo. I enjoy watching things unfold and thinking them through more than chasing a ghost ku. # of events is more important to me than a single big event

I, of course, have a different point of view.

I think some who complain about complainers either take people waaaaaaay too seriously or just miss the context. None of this is new anyway. The same stuff has been posted on this Board, Eastern, Wright and NE Weather for almost 20 years. Maybe you should get used to it, don't read it, or just accept the fact that in a public forum you may not agree with some of the free speech, but that doesn't mean anyone is right, wrong, superior,or inferior for posting it or not.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled disappointment...     lol

Well that was an intriguing past 3 runs of teh GFS -- 6" snow on 12z... rain on 18z... and nothing at 00z... fascinating

and to think it did this with only 5 and a half days before the storm....I can't believe it pulled the rug out from under us last minute again!

ok...I'm practicing

Archived