wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you'd think after seeing parts of the potomac freeze, virginia beach getting 8-10" of snow, etc, that we are due for something significant.  that said, i think everyone needs to keep in mind, being in the bullseye at 6-7 days out is not a great thing.  not bad, but not great either.  things are going to fluctuate.  at this point, i'd pay more attention to the mets who are able to look at the big picture instead of the model huggers.

DT's such a hack.  0z GFS shows a Miller A bomb and he does his typical GFS is horrible rant.  12z GFS shows a transfer scenario and he says how much more realistic a solution it is.  12z Euro shows something like the 0z GFS and DT's down on his knees…praising…the Euro solution.  

The CMC and Euro show Much more of a SOUTHERN Low which given the over all pattern makes more sense but the 12z GFS is still hanging onto that primary Low into KY early on FEB 9.

2 hours ago:

12Z GFS MODEL SHOWS A SOLUTION THAT FINALLY MAKES SENSE…

This solution makes a lot more sense than the huge snowstorm solutions that the G FS has been showing off and on every other model cycle for the past three or four days.

DT's such a hack. 0z GFS shows a Miller A bomb and he does his typical GFS is horrible rant. 12z GFS shows a transfer scenario and he says how much more realistic a solution it is. 12z Euro shows something like the 0z GFS and DT's down on his knees…praising…the Euro solution.

He posts so much clutter that something is always bound to be right

There are several decent 12z Euro OP analogs showing up in the day 1-5 and 6-10 range, and some not so good..of the good ones, the one with the highest correlation was a 6" event....there are two 8-9" events with lower correlations....I think as Wes mentioned, keeping low heights over the maritimes as long as possible is important

you'd think after seeing parts of the potomac freeze, virginia beach getting 8-10" of snow, etc, that we are due for something significant.  that said, i think everyone needs to keep in mind, being in the bullseye at 6-7 days out is not a great thing.  not bad, but not great either.  things are going to fluctuate.  at this point, i'd pay more attention to the mets who are able to look at the big picture instead of the model huggers.

However, the signal has been there for  about one week at least.

DT's such a hack.  0z GFS shows a Miller A bomb and he does his typical GFS is horrible rant.  12z GFS shows a transfer scenario and he says how much more realistic a solution it is.  12z Euro shows something like the 0z GFS and DT's down on his knees…praising…the Euro solution.  

2 hours ago:

I just did a test... wanted to see how quickly I could get banned from posting on his FB page... I posted the DGEX.. he called me an idiot.. I posted the euro wxbell clown and boom.. banned... two posts... then five minutes later he posted the same euro. 

All he needed to do was stick to his original call from back in January. And he swears he doesn't model hug and that he can see the forest through the trees. I can't even read his stuff anymore. 

OMG... "About 5 inches in Altoona, Pa.. Nice work DT!"

All he needed to do was stick to his original call from back in January. And he swears he doesn't model hug and that he can see the forest through the trees. I can't even read his stuff anymore.

He said the 12z gfs made sense given the overall pattern. Then after euro and ggem came out...he said 12z gfs didn't make sense given the pattern

He said the 12z gfs made sense given the overall pattern. Then after euro and ggem came out...he said 12z gfs didn't make sense given the pattern

If I have to lose more sleep this week to track a DC snowstorm finally, so-be-it. The pattern is actually pretty freakin' good and every once-in-awhile, classic. Plotting ensemble mean trends of the polar vortex / block may be of use at this point. 

From Facebook lol. Im confused. You JUST posted: "12Z GFS MODEL SHOWS A SOLUTION THAT FINALLY MAKES SENSE..." and "This solution makes a lot more sense than the huge snowstorm solutions that the G FS has been showing off and on every other model cycle for the past three or four days."...and now that the Euro shows something similar, you are saluting it...

He was honking when it was a pipe dream. Then cancelled it for the MA when guidance started showing crappy solutions. And now is flip flopping. I might be wrong because I don't read his page often but I remember the big pats on the back he was giving himself when the storm started showing up in fantasy land. He should have just stuck with that. Until there was consensus for a crap track non-storm at a reasonable lead.  

You know he'll instantly refer to the pipe dream posts if the euro verifies and be totally quiet about all the pancakes and waffles. 

He was honking when it was a pipe dream. Then cancelled it for the MA when guidance started showing crappy solutions. And now is flip flopping. I might be wrong because I don't read his page often but I remember the big pats on the back he was giving himself when the storm started showing up in fantasy land. He should have just stuck with that. Until there was consensus for a crap track non-storm at a reasonable lead.  

You know he'll instantly refer to the pipe dream posts if the euro verifies and be totally quiet about all the pancakes and waffles. 

He doesn't like it when others steal his hype so expect him to claim he did the right thing by NOT hyping this last week but telling us he had this storm nailed down two weeks ago.

So, just looking at the Euro snowfall map, this solution produces a region-wide 8-14 inch storm. Just out of curiosity, what would have to be different for the solution to show some 20+ bulbs? I'm only curious because it sounds like this is a great setup, and yet no crazy heavy accumulations. Thanks in advance!

So, just looking at the Euro snowfall map, this solution produces a region-wide 8-14 inch storm. Just out of curiosity, what would have to be different for the solution to show some 20+ bulbs? I'm only curious because it sounds like this is a great setup, and yet no crazy heavy accumulations. Thanks in advance!

Skip the snowfall map for now...concentrate on storm track and storm ingredients now.  Accum can be finalized later in the week.

Archived