• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

all the models are showing west based blocking...and the low is weak...I wouldn't punt a decent overrunning scenario...plus we don't know what is going to happen anyway...I'd lock in the GFS and its 4-6" of snow for me

I wouldn't either especially for those in the area snow zone out to the west and north.  There is confluence which is why the low pops off the coast.  I still could see the northern stream screwing things up more than forecast on today's GFS but there is so much uncertainty I would rule out any ptype. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this winter of marginal, tracker, I am happy for any modeled whatever. But Miller B front-end stuff six days out...so much that can go wrong with that. I am not unhappy, just noting the set-up on that run is one that can (will?) easily screw those of us who usually get screwed - even if Matt's 4-6 front end thump is the baseline.

Let me get this right....there is misery for a d6 system based on one run of the 12z GFS?

yesterday's 12z had a cutter.  this 12z has a slow transfer from KY to Hat.  The trend is a net positive so I don't get it either.  Heck, by tomorrows 12z it could be an OTS

yesterday's 12z had a cutter.  this 12z has a slow transfer from KY to Hat.  The trend is a net positive so I don't get it either.  Heck, by tomorrows 12z it could be an OTS

You forgot to mention the epic KU on the 0z run. Now a front ender with the chance of a classic Miller B screw doesn't look so hot.

I just compared 0z/12z h5 anoms from 156/144. You guys are paranoid. Very little meaningful changes where it counts most. If h5 patterns hold in canada another couple days and we can forget about a big cut or driving a primary to cleveland. Sheesh. 

Guilty. But, given where I live and you live and Ian/Matt/Wes/H20/tracker etc live, paranoid with reason often. Fingers crossed.

You forgot to mention the epic KU on the 0z run. Now a front ender with the chance of a classic Miller B screw doesn't look so hot.

Was only comparing 12z runs which have been wildly different from the 0z runs.  When a model flip flops so much in 12 hrs I step back to look at the same time runs from the previous days to see where a model might be trying to go.

I just compared 0z/12z h5 anoms from 156/144. You guys are paranoid. Very little meaningful changes where it counts most. If h5 patterns hold in canada another couple days and we can forget about a big cut or driving a primary to cleveland. Sheesh. 

People are probably just bummed about today's fail(except the Westminster folks). Still a good look overall, and 6 days out lots can happen. Just seems a Miller B type deal is favored. Need better block/confluence and get the coastal transfer going further south.

There are some crushing hits on the GEFS.  A few also take the primary to Cleveland.  A fair number look like the Op at least in terms of end-result (i.e., snow-to-rain/dryslot).  

I just clicked through. 2 miller A's. Majority transfer with front end stuff. A couple crying in your cheerios. 

Interestingly...there are 3 that give us some overrunning snow before the main show....

DT kinda poo pooing this storm for cities. Snow to rain.

Sent from my iPhone

DT will swing all week with the various model solutions, and a day before the event will proclaim how great he is and how everyone else sucks, and then after the storm will say he had the one right idea all along.

Early guess, first guess, first call, updated guess, second call, final call, updated final call, new final call, last call, final last call, etc.

Archived