joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im calling it whatever the hell I want to call it.

10-12" would be pretty good.  Unicorn might turn into a horse at this point.  

I didn't even know you named it. All names are ****ing stupid unless they are like PDII or something. 

I didn't even know you named it. All names are ****ing stupid unless they are like PDII or something. 

Dude, who cares??  We're all having a good time with it...why is it so important?  If you don't like it, don't use it?  When ION was going around, nobody said much.  Why does such a little thing put a bug in your ear???   We're getting snow, people are happy and having a little fun.   Lighten up and let's ride the Unicorn together :wub:

Dude, who cares??  We're all having a good time with it...why is it so important?  If you don't like it, don't use it?  When ION was going around, nobody said much.  Why does such a little thing put a bug in your ear???   We're getting snow, people are happy and having a little fun.   Lighten up and let's ride the Unicorn together :wub:

Ion didn't even impact this area.. so obviously I wouldn't have said much.  I'll fight naming any storm especially a dumb name near that date. We know.. you're fun, I suck.. blablabla. 

best part is the little stall off the coast eastward jog of our typical hecs. plus a saturday in early Feb. 95% chance DC gets a foot or more. 

I agree 100% with that statement,,,you know DT's theory about weekend major snowstorms..

best part is the little stall off the coast eastward jog of our typical hecs. plus a saturday in early Feb. 95% chance DC gets a foot or more. 

The earlier arrival is a huge net +. Major wall of confluence set up in just about a perfect spot. heck, the whole thing is just about perfect. And it's like 3 years away. 

I'm a 12z man so 0z means nothing tonight. 

The way the Unicorn/Ian B-day storm develops on the Euro is certainly odd.  With that big northern stream vort, it looks like it's about to phase them on Day 8 but it never quite does it.  If those two s/w's phase, that thing would cut to Milwaukee.  

Good post, yes. So, next step is figuring out how it trends from now through then. Does front keep slowing? Notice the northern stream wave on ensembles over Canada continues to trend deeper too. This is why confluence is weaker and storm isn't shredded. But if we keep going that way...you know.

Actually I don't know....I'm a complete neophyte despite lurking here for 3 years.  Can someone fill in what happens if the northern stream wave over Canada continues to trend deeper?  HM posts always seem to be trying to teach something, but I can't always connect the dots.  Thanks.

The way the Unicorn/Ian B-day storm develops on the Euro is certainly odd.  With that big northern stream vort, it looks like it's about to phase them on Day 8 but it never quite does it.  If those two s/w's phase, that thing would cut to Milwaukee.  

There is excellent confluence stacked up to the N and a 50/50 feature (not classic or anything). Its a lucky setup. 

One of the rare times we pray for no phase

There is excellent confluence stacked up to the N and a 50/50 feature (not classic or anything). Its a lucky setup. 

day 8-10 snowstorms are the best. let's see if we can get this one to day 5-7. 

Yeah, the PV over Hudson Bay and the 50/60? (won't call it 50/50 because it's farther north) low keep it down to the south.  It's encouraging the models and ensembles are supportive of it, but it's still a bit odd.  

There have been a few ensemble runs and I think the GGEM did that also...its definitely a possible outcome and probably the biggest risk.  I don't think that one misses south. 

Archived