• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

If you take the run verbatim it would be some snow on the ground covered by a sleet layer and then some ice. Glacial pack that would probably partially survive the warm rain before the front. Areas N-W could do fairly well. Cities and burbs with an obvious low end of the deal. 

Definitely, and like you said as long as we're not trending towards a cutter it's a good run!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CAD works well for many up to and during.  Usual places also tend to warm quick and flip before many of us would like.

I think we can all agree that enough snow to whiting the ground covered by even modest amounts of sleet and ice would be a huge score on this storm. I'm in. Wes is out but he might be in later. We need to convince him. Might be tough though considering he's already forgotten more than I'll ever know about weather.

The junker model can never be overlooked. 

yeah...we'll change over for sure...but 132 is a pretty money sounding....we'd pick up 2" or so as depicted

seems like it's going the wrong direction as we close but maybe not paying enough attention.  i'm more interested in the first event for now. 

seems like it's going the wrong direction as we close but maybe not paying enough attention.  i'm more interested in the first event for now. 

We're trending back now from a wrapped up to the west rainer. Can't remember the details specifically but when it went to hell from a good track to a west track, the solutions were worse than what we are seeing now. 

ETA:

I went back and looked through the last 8 runs. This is a "snowier" run on the front. Mostly because slp in KY is weaker. Midlevels don't go to heck as fast. Looks like the track is pretty locked overall at this lead. Minor things can help. Most importantly a weaker storm. 

We're trending back now from a wrapped up to the west rainer. Can't remember the details specifically but when it went to hell from a good track to a west track, the solutions were worse than what we are seeing now. 

Hmm, I guess I don't look at every run.  It seems worse than the last main hour (0/12) runs of the GFS.  I think a consolidated low running right up the apps is about the worst option if you want to hold the low level cold.  We're usually better off with it further west as it keeps the southerly flow from being too strong.  Then again I also don't like ice events as they're overblown 9.9/10 times in the leadup so maybe I'm being ignorant because of that. :P

Hmm, I guess I don't look at every run.  It seems worse than the last main hour (0/12) runs of the GFS.  I think a consolidated low running right up the apps is about the worst option if you want to hold the low level cold.  We're usually better off with it further west as it keeps the southerly flow from being too strong.  Then again I also don't like ice events as they're overblown 9.9/10 times in the leadup so maybe I'm being ignorant because of that. :P

all I care about is getting front end snow..I think it is pretty likely we are flipping..hopefully not to driving rain

I don't think any of us think it is going to be all snow or all frozen for that mid-week system for the cities anyway, I think most of us are watching that because we might get an inch or two and then some frozen before changeover.

no, i know. i wasn't implying that. any storm that turns to rain is a loss in my book. but number padding is good at this point. 

no, i know. i wasn't implying that. any storm that turns to rain is a loss in my book. but number padding is good at this point. 

usually for me they end up being more fun than they seem in advance unless you get driving rain and go to 40 degrees...but stats padding is important too..we probably don't get to a good total without some of our typical messy events...

usually for me they end up being more fun than they seem in advance unless you get driving rain and go to 40 degrees...but stats padding is important too..we probably don't get to a good total without some of our typical messy events...

you're definitely more into snow than me. ;)  I'm already at the pt in winter where I'd punt most 1-2" events if I could trade them for a 50 degree day. lol. 

you're definitely more into snow than me. ;)  I'm already at the pt in winter where I'd punt most 1-2" events if I could trade them for a 50 degree day. lol. 

yeah..for sure...but when the events happen even the "haters" tend to dig them more than when they tracked them...I actually often like thump then changeover events better than the high ratio, 0.1" QPF events...and we need the stats of course...

yeah..for sure...but when the events happen even the "haters" tend to dig them more than when they tracked them...I actually often like thump then changeover events better than the high ratio, 0.1" QPF events...and we need the stats of course...

true. esp if it's during the day a thump is always fun at the time. 

Monday's wave runs into confluence but I suspect the wave is being dampened too quickly. Deformation zones are placed right now similarly to the 29th storm on GFS. I think this keeps trending.

trending south or decent for us....I'm not quite sure what you mean HM???

I think....gulp....it keeps coming north at you guys. I understand it is a hostile environment but I like the wave's source. I think confluence will ease a bit more too.

Archived