• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

It certainly thumps us while dropping out temps. Looks like it starts briefly as rain for some of us.  It's tricky around DC since the urban heat island sometimes keeps the temp up longer than forecast.  I'm gonna have an interesting article to write tomorrow.

We'll all be looking forward to your analysis!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has that temperature look to last time we started warm and waited for it to cool off. The Euro again sufficiently cools things along with the rates. My worry is it keeps heading toward the amped direction.

We have night going for us this time. Definitely warm during the day but verbatim, euro has DC around 35 @ 1am. Temps will be a problem though. Not discounting it. 

This has that temperature look to last time we started warm and waited for it to cool off. The Euro again sufficiently cools things along with the rates. My worry is it keeps heading toward the amped direction.

always my concern, especially 3.5-4 days out

it's these kinds of storms where NE often cashes in at our expense

not being a deb for the sake of being a deb folks, just that it looks soooo fookin' great this far out to this paranoid weenie and I am not worthy!

It's a complete 1/26/11-esque moisture bomb

500mb not as good.. also keeps door open for more north probably. I'm not too worried about temps for now.. well, not more worried than normal.  An overnight thump with marginal/dropping temps would work ok. 

night helps, and +SN helps...1/21 wasn't +SN until mid afternoon and then only for a little bit

This setup looks pretty good for rates. Not complex like 1/21. Solid wave and single vort riding the boundary. Moisture laden as shown. I would take this run in a second that's for sure. I don't mind starting above freezing considering what happens down the line. heh.

I can't totally tell when surface drops below freezing but all the way to the bay is sub 32 pretty quick after 1am

True but we've seen that before and DCA still lost out on a couple of inches of snow as it stayed 34 well after I dropped to below 32 in mby.    Look at the upper level winds, we're in the right entrance region of the jet at 300mb.....for non mets it's the right rear quadrant of the jet streak which favors upward motion. 

True but we've seen that before and DCA still lost out on a couple of inches of snow as it stayed 34 well after I dropped to below 32 in mby.    Look at the upper level winds, we're in the right entrance region of the jet at 300mb.....for non mets it's the right rear quadrant of the jet streak which favors upward motion. 

is that like the right cheek?

If it's a night time thing with those temps, we might be ok?  We'll probably still waste some QPF on melting...this is DC after all.    It's Sunday night now?

Starts around 11pm I think. Doesn't get going good till after 1am. Good thump between then and 7am. Still .20 - .25 before it shuts off before noon. Wow. 

night helps, and +SN helps...1/21 wasn't +SN until mid afternoon and then only for a little bit

Good post, yes. So, next step is figuring out how it trends from now through then. Does front keep slowing? Notice the northern stream wave on ensembles over Canada continues to trend deeper too. This is why confluence is weaker and storm isn't shredded. But if we keep going that way...you know.

Good post, yes. So, next step is figuring out how it trends from now through then. Does front keep slowing? Notice the northern stream wave on ensembles over Canada continues to trend deeper too. This is why confluence is weaker and storm isn't shredded. But if we keep going that way...you know.

The front has been slowing for days now. Every run it's slower it seems.

Archived