• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 5th beefed up swfe thread-let's get some December 2007 juju,

weathafella

I really loved that event for the rarity of it.  That was bizarre and dumped 12-24" on a straight SE moisture feed.

I really didn't like that event.  Was skiing Stowe, It rained my entire time.  Then the guy at the gas station in Waterbury told me that "Cars were off the road" in Burlington.  We hop on 89 south, and it starts to snow.  By the time I get home, it's 5 hours later and the reports are of pure dumpage.  Heartbreaking.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm could be quite the mauler. From Chicago straight on over to NYC and BOS. Chicago has had one helluva winter. And then we get a follow up storm. When you see this kind of qpf modelled I think you just have to let go of every model run to some extent. I think CNE and NNE will get 3-4 ft of snow by Feb 15. And I don't think that is particularly bold. And SNE probably does almost as well.

I'll send you a 12 pack of your favorite beer if we get 4'by the 15th

I bet you get at least 3-4". It's not like it will get to 55 and rain. At least right now. 34F rain isn't terrible. Hopefully it dryslots.

I hope your right, were going to need that much to lock in some cement. And I was just going to mention that. If we could get ~4 inches of snow and dry slot, that would be ideal

Really? That seems like a standard juiced up SWFE...like most of the systems in 07-08. Except maybe not quite that much QPF, but a snow thump to sleet and freezing rain isn't all that uncommon is it?

Jan 28, 2009...Jan 18, 2011...Feb 2, 2011.

Those are the recent ones with a thump of snow followed by prolonged sleet and ZR....Jan 7-8, 2009 too I almost forgot.

12/16/07 didnt have much sleet or ZR at all...it was like 9 inches of snow followed by very brief sleet and a dryslot with freezing drizzle all afternoon and a light coating of glaze from that.

Really? That seems like a standard juiced up SWFE...like most of the systems in 07-08. Except maybe not quite that much QPF, but a snow thump to sleet and freezing rain isn't all that uncommon is it?

I've come to expect that formula here after six winters.  Usually a nice thump followed by light freezing rain for a few hours and then done.  I've come to really appreciate SWFE's for this area.  Not as much guessing and worries as with a coastal storm and it's solid snow pack.

Archived