joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady light snow in downtown RIC. Really neat to see snow at 15 degrees, especially down this way.

Banding has set up just over and NW of the city. I've always been told to watch where the heavier returns appear before the main batch of precip arrives, so we'll see if it correlates to the extent of decent totals later.

Hard to be on the outside looking in as SE VA gets hit with another big storm; this is the third such scenario since 2004. Richmond will break the 14" streak eventually...maybe.

Steady light snow in downtown RIC. Really neat to see snow at 15 degrees, especially down this way.

Banding has set up just over and NW of the city. I've always been told to watch where the heavier returns appear before the main batch of precip arrives, so we'll see if it correlates to the extent of decent totals later.

Hard to be on the outside looking in as SE VA gets hit with another big storm; this is the third such scenario since 2004. Richmond will break the 14" streak eventually...maybe.

Agreed. But a long time coming for them. It's beautiful here right now but will be amazing there later!

wxdude64, on 28 Jan 2014 - 7:18 PM, said:

Well, this is a big surprise, I've picked up 1.5 new snow since about 4:30 pm, big fluffy quarter dollar sized flakes that sparkle on the ground.

Still snowing, radar seems to be locked directly over my county??

No complaints here.

It appears that band you're in is inching ever so slowly close to me. FCX.N0Q.20140129.0028.gif

Archived