Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snow General, on 28 Jan 2014 - 8:19 PM, said:

I'm shocked NWS Blacksburg hasn't upgraded Rockbridge to an advisory. Already have met accumulations that would warrant it. 

We already had over an inch with roads coated before they issued a WWA so who knows.

Love trash talking in the SE VA thread. Someone want to go tell this dude he's wrong?

From crain: We are... Just the ugly step child of the mid Atlantic... Even though we'll have more snow this year than all of them in the morning 

Crain can cry about all the RAIN he'll enjoy once we get a less extreme cold air mass but get snow in N VA and in DCA where it belongs. We won't get snow this storm but we'll get some more in Feb while he gets waterboarded by rain and thunder lmao

Leaving their cars stranded on the side of the road because of a few inches of snow. Driving in snow is not hard! And Atlanta has received snow in the past, so this shouldn't be foreign for too many of them.

I'd assume there were accidents and the traffic was horrible because they don't have much in terms of snow removal. Just as in similar situations here and elsewhere (I was in Boston in 2007 for one), people can run out of gas when they've been stuck for too long. Not much choice but to leave your car.

I'd assume there were accidents and the traffic was horrible because they don't have much in terms of snow removal. Just as in similar situations here and elsewhere (I was in Boston in 2007 for one), people can run out of gas when they've been stuck for too long. Not much choice but to leave your car.

I wonder if they are closing school there.

Crain can cry about all the RAIN he'll enjoy once we get a less extreme cold air mass but get snow in N VA and in DCA where it belongs. We won't get snow this storm but we'll get some more in Feb while he gets waterboarded by rain and thunder lmao

Enjoy your 10" season. I'll send you pics of my 12" in 12 hours

Archived