joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what you're doing.  We've had a good winter out here, pretty much running neck and neck with anyone on the board.  We also had a better winter than almost everyone last year.  You have somehow found a way to gripe almost constantly.

To each his own, but you might try enjoying what does happen more so than complaining about what doesn't.

Dude, I was simply commenting on the NAM that showed the cutoff almost exactly at my door step.  It couldn't be any more laughable; hence the FU.  I simply returned a dick comment, for a dick comment. 

Sounds like Commutageddon in the Atlanta and Birmingham metro areas and a nightmare for some school systems preparing to hold the kids overnight at their schools. 

Theres really no excuse for it...they knew this was coming for a couple of days now..If they didnt close schools today, it should of been an 11am dismissal.

Dude, I was simply commenting on the NAM that showed the cutoff almost exactly at my door step.  It couldn't be any more laughable; hence the FU.  I simply returned a dick comment, for a dick comment. 

you never know..you guys are charmed,,.,.you'll probably clean up on teh next one when I get 2 minutes of sleet

This storm has been like a roller coaster with following the model guidance. Not like the big scary type of coaster you might see at King's Dominion or Six Flags, more like the crappy wooden kind that some idiot builds out of plywood and 2x4s in his backyard, basically a wagon on 40 ft. of track with a bunch of rusty nails sticking out of it, but then he charges the neighborhood kids $1.00 to ride on it. They still get on the ride, even though they know how much it sucks, because there's just not much else to do.

People are about 4 years late to the traffic party.  But now I get to post it without people questioning what exactly it is, at least.

Yeah.. not to call you out but it's been hot on Twitter the last few mo now.  And every news org has an ice desk. Originality is a lost cause.  

This storm has been like a roller coaster with following the model guidance. Not like the big scary type of coaster you might see at King's Dominion or Six Flags, more like the crappy wooden kind that some idiot builds out of plywood and 2x4s in his backyard, basically a wagon on 40 ft. of track with a bunch of rusty nails sticking out of it, but then he charges the neighborhood kids $1.00 to ride on it. They still get on the ride, even though they know how much it sucks, because there's just not much else to do.

What was this post all about? Lol...Okie...Ill look for some flakes tonight and like it.

Yea, even though the ocean could enhance the precip, it could also advect warming westward along coastal areas. NWS Eastern Region has mentioned possibly more sleet and freezing rain mixing in from a recent update I read on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=572774289467407&set=a.259227180822121.60708.143979475680226&type=1

i just don't think the radar looks good down that way.  very spotty.  but...way early too.

A part of me thinks this is the best post in the thread.

Another part of me says: W.T.F.

Lived in B'ham 14 years. When it snowed (and it does so every couple of years) I'd park my car far away from any spot where I could even conceive of anybody sliding into me, and then watch the madness. Think snow drivers in DC are bad, well you have no idea. I could have sold tickets...

There is something I will NEVER understand, and that is watching people fly by me on the highway in snow/icy conditions.  I am pretty used to driving in snow but still you can tell when you are hitting a speed at which your car is not safe.  You can feel the traction starting to go then you SLOW THE **** DOWN.  Often I can tell 30mph is the safe speed and yet people are going by me at 50 then later are spun out in a ditch.  I will just never understand why so many dont simply slow down to whatever the safe speed is in snow. 

Archived