joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wxbell is showing the .08-.10 contour just east of dc. Calvert is split in half with .1 / .2. 

Wxbell maps are pretty, but I am not sure how much I always trust the output compared to SV...SV is clearly west of there with the 0.1" countour....Also wxbell showed no precip with the 15z RAP and we get around 0.05" via NOAA...QPF every single hour and the run supported that

Wxbell maps are pretty, but I am not sure how much I always trust the output compared to SV...SV is clearly west of there with the 0.1" countour....Also wxbell showed no precip with the 15z RAP and we get around 0.05" via NOAA...QPF every single hour and the run supported that

Well, I'm hugging your SV maps for sure right now. haha

It just seems inconsistent sometimes..it is southeast on both RAP and Euro....I mean it is the same data I guess?....but I think it is all extrapolated somehow...not claiming SV maps are always better....I've seen some of them screwy...

My other source looks the same as wxbell except the resolution is lower.  

The differences between the wxbell maps and the stormVista maps are troubling.  How much does SV have over my house. I'm about .11 on WxBell. 

Part of why I am dubious, is this map was horribly wrong based on NOAA text output and just looking at the model...gives DCA 0.05"...the wxbell maps are like 50 miles east with that contour

Something was wrong with that RAP run. I sent Ryan Maue a note about it.. but I think the Euro qpf is right other than he has a higher resolution of it than any other source I think.. so there might be some tiny differences on the edges but it looks basically exactly the same as my other source that's not sv but I know is legit. 

Something was wrong with that RAP run. I sent Ryan Maue a note about it.. but I think the Euro qpf is right other than he has a higher resolution of it than any other source I think.. so there might be some tiny differences on the edges but it looks basically exactly the same as my other source that's not sv but I know is legit. 

normally they are closer,.,..not that it usually makes a difference...i mean it will probably just come down to radar and rates and banding and snow growth...I could see anything from just flying flakes and a cartopper to 1"+ if we can get 0.07" or so in here...The NAM is obviously an outlier right now with its liquid

Archived