joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the big issue here is that the NWS was slow in issuing the WS Warning and most schools/businesses thought that there would only be a dusting so it was pretty much a normal day for people on the roads, then when it came down hard at noon everyone tried to go home all at once. Like Snow jam 82 but a lot less snow and no ice, but same principle.

Rush hour here is bad enough on a clear day, much less a bit of snow and everyone in the whole dang metro area trying to get home at the exact same time. 

The real road problems are going to be tomorrow morning assuming the slush doesn't evaporate overnight...

RDU is getting screwed. Its snowing to our east and to our west. Here...nadda. By the time it starts the system is gonna be pulling away.

Same in FAY. Getting kind of sad lol. I think I see a flurry here and there but it could well just be wishful thinking. The changeover line on TWC radar is right on FAY.

sweet!! just got a little over the 1" mark, already got the most i was even hoping for yesterday lol. also noticed that the 19z RAP has what appears another enhancement over ne ga into the upstate/wnc. i cant tell how close it gets to your area but it certainly looks close. a final bam on the way out would be a nice surprise bonus lol

Just measured an inch on deck railing! Now for bonus inches!!

Still steady and moderate here down to 26.

Just a hair short of 3" in Weaverville. Back side is coming but a big over performer for mby! Good luck to all you guys S & E of us. Hope it does the same for you all. I'm off to edit the opening post in this thread.

Good deal Don. Happy for you sir! Now if we can pull off 3" I'd be more than happy!

Really strong lift over Raleigh at 9pm. Raleigh folks relax. Snow should start in next 1-2 hours. Short term models look good for a nice 4-6 hour period of moderate to heavy snow. The snow hole is not really it is due to the radar beam height which is higher away from the radar site in Garner and near the surface at the radar site.

Archived