Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late January - Early February Pattern Discussion

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comment about 09-10.

That winter was 3 gigantic snows. Jan stunk until the last two days. We aren't catching 09-10 in snowfall. But if Feb delivers, this ranks pretty high as a "complete" winter.

Jeb loves cold as much as anyone. He loves snow too. I wonder what his thoughts on the matter are. This winter definitely has delivered more so in the temp department. Obviously 09-10 is the GOAT year for snow.

Jeb loves cold as much as anyone. He loves snow too. I wonder what his thoughts on the matter are. This winter definitely has delivered more so in the temp department.

For me it's about frequent winter events.

I've said before that I would have split my 80" in 09-10 into 16, 5" events if I could have had my way.

Cold matters...its been almost week and I still have almost the same amount of snow on the ground as when it fell. I like it.

Its hard to believe all the areal snow coverage after 6 days. I am so accustomed to sixteenth of an inch car toppers that are gone in about 7 minutes. The cold has been great.

Now if we could manage to pick up a little more snow from this southeastern storm, say about 2 inches, I'm not greedy, before the inevitable mild sets in in late week, along with the obligatory proper torrential rainstorm.....

Archived