joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brick does bring up a good point, although personally I don't see a pattern that's ripe for a "big" 6"+ storm for NC/SC/GA, but I do see potential for small 1-3, 2-4" type events, but people a lot smarter than me seem to think this pattern will be ripe by end of January, did we have anything remotely like this "potential" pattern the past 2 winters, I don't recall anything.

I've seen more comments and interest from normally conservative mets in the last two days than I've seen in the last two years.

Holy crap!! I just happened to mention to my wife the the model was showing a chance of a snowstorm here around the 27th. She actually asked me which model??? I said the GFS. And then my wife of 30+ years, who I thought just tolerated my weather craziness without the slightest bit of interest said, "Oh. Probably won't happen. If it was the EURO I'd be more convinced".

Holy crap. I feel like Sheldon Cooper just asked me if I want to go outside and throw a football.

Holy crap!! I just happened to mention to my wife the the model was showing a chance of a snowstorm here around the 27th. She actually asked me which model??? I said the GFS. And then my wife of 30+ years, who I thought just tolerated my weather craziness without the slightest bit of interest said, "Oh. Probably won't happen. If it was the EURO I'd be more convinced".

Holy crap. I feel like Sheldon Cooper just asked me if I want to go outside and throw a football.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  thanks for that

Way to go Mrs jburns!    :lol:      :thumbsup:  :weight_lift:

Lol great laugh Mr. Burns!

This is a good reminder for everybody:

If it's not yours, then you need to give a link or reference to the source. That picture was from the WRAL Facebook page that somebody from Spring Hope, NC, shared. If you don't give a reference or source, you imply that it was your own, and that's not good. I would be very upset if somebody "stole" one of my pictures and passed it off (even unintentionally) as theirs. Be careful with stuff like this!

It's also a warning / ban-able offense here. ;)

I see cliff divers already with that modeled cold air and all these potential storms passing to our north or running the apps... without gulf lows and phasing I doubt anyone outside the triad of nc will see any accumulating snow this year... we haven't had one storm ride up the coast just the storms that develop off nc coast and that don't do anything for us...trying to be optimistic with the talk of a favorable pattern but you have to have the precip meet the cold but east of 85 and south of 40 it takes a miracle. I don't see any winter weather threats lust a lot of cold rain for non mountain south east locations.... expect the models to start backing off the cold shot in the next couple days with the return of the favorite se ridge

I see cliff divers already with that modeled cold air and all these potential storms passing to our north or running the apps... without gulf lows and phasing I doubt anyone outside the triad of nc will see any accumulating snow this year... we haven't had one storm ride up the coast just the storms that develop off nc coast and that don't do anything for us...trying to be optimistic with the talk of a favorable pattern but you have to have the precip meet the cold but east of 85 and south of 40 it takes a miracle. I don't see any winter weather threats lust a lot of cold rain for non mountain south east locations.... expect the models to start backing off the cold shot in the next couple days with the return of th

What are you basing your message on? I think you need to read wxsouth facebook.That may change your mind.

Tim, not quite....the upcoming pattern, if it's modeled correctly, will provide more opportunities than what we've had so far. It's not common to get winter storms down here. But not common and rare/miracle are two different things.

Watch for the development of a southern stream. If we see that, the window will widen. If not, we still have a lot of cold pressing south to work with. Might be messy/mixy, but could very well get the job done.

Ridge bridge over the top is key to locking the cold. Fortunately, confidence is increasing in that as we move forward.

Optimism is appropriate here...not bat crazy over the moon head over heels lock stock and barrel all in kind of glee...but optimism? You bet!

Archived