joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were living dangerously.  You should have stopped at the gas station on the way home to get some SUSHI to top it off!

What do you mean?  Gas station sushi is the best!  It's only second to those bright red things in the big jar. :o

I was hoping it would be like that Futurama where Fry eats the Egg Salad Sandwich and gets the good parasites that turn him into a superhuman. Alas that didn't happen. 

Who really believes that in a week we could be in the beginning stages of a historic winter pattern that could give us record cold and snow/ice?  The models all point to it, but I think most of us have become so cynical over the past 2-3 winters that it's hard to trust even the most respected meteorologists.  Not to mention how awful the models have been...but there seems to be quite the consensus right now.  What do you all think?

Who really believes that in a week we could be in the beginning stages of a historic winter pattern that could give us record cold and snow/ice?  The models all point to it, but I think most of us have become so cynical over the past 2-3 winters that it's hard to trust even the most respected meteorologists.  Not to mention how awful the models have been...but their seems to be quite the consensus right now.  What do you all think?

There is or seems to be more agreement both with respected mets and the models than we have had in a while. It has my attention for that reason alone

Who really believes that in a week we could be in the beginning stages of a historic winter pattern that could give us record cold and snow/ice?  The models all point to it, but I think most of us have become so cynical over the past 2-3 winters that it's hard to trust even the most respected meteorologists.  Not to mention how awful the models have been...but their seems to be quite the consensus right now.  What do you all think?

1387831646267.gif

If it happens, it will be the same areas that have already cashed in this year. I'm just speaking from a mby perspective......but I wouldn't be surprised if everything (as usual) stays to my north and west, giving me nothing more than rain  ;) 

There is or seems to be more agreement both with respected mets and the models than we have had in a while. It has my attention for that reason alone

I agree with this. With the type of -EPO predicted, an anomalous pattern is not surprising. I'm not buying in hook, line, and sinker, but I am 100% on board for a few trackable storms. And if we do indeed get the type of look that some models have been showing (the 6z GFS, for example) a very memorable period is in store....hopefully for all of us.

Archived