• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

I want to get excited about the upcoming pattern, but it's hard to get excited about something 10 days out.  At least we're now actually discussing fantasy storms rather than fantasy patterns, so that's an improvement, I guess.

I do hope to see some flakes fly tonight, but I don't like the fact it got up into the mid-50s today.....

I just hope we don't miss out. It looks cold for sure, but if we don't get any snow out of it, it's just going to be miserable. At least some snow would be exciting and fun.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously, seriously doubt that.  If all I get is trace amounts of winter weather this winter, I will give up on weather (actually, I probably won't, but still ;)).  Fortunately, climatology suggests this is very, very unlikely.

You are pretty far south, so that may be true in your area (your area probably averages 1-2" of snow per winter, if I had to guess), but it's best not to make blanket statements like this.  A winter without accumulating snowfall is almost unheard of around here (in fact, it might be unheard of) and this isn't in the mountains.

-----------

By the way, sorry to hear about your situation, Met. :(  That is really unfortunate and I hope/pray things turn around.

I agree and disagree with your statement. It is very uncommon for our area to not get any measureable snowfall in a year, climo suggests 8-12 inches on average. Yet we haven't had more than a trace of snow for over 3 years now and im in an area that typically receives as much or more snow than the piedmont.

I agree and disagree with your statement. It is very uncommon for our area to not get any measureable snowfall in a year, climo suggests 8-12 inches on average. Yet we haven't had more than a trace of snow for over 3 years now and im in an area that typically receives as much or more snow than the piedmont.

Where are you at?  My area has seen accumulating snow in every winter that I can remember (definitely every winter since the mid-1990s).  Last year had around 4" and the year before had a couple inches from that system on 2/19/2012.

Where are you at?  My area has seen accumulating snow in every winter that I can remember (definitely every winter since the mid-1990s).  Last year had around 4" and the year before had a couple inches from that system on 2/19/2012.

Im in McDowell County a few miles west of Marion. Elevation 1,500

Tweet from JB.

"Think once again, people will be shocked at what is coming, this time longer duration for entire nation.12-20 day onslaught"

Some of the models have Atlanta near or below 0 by month end.

Another Tweet

"I believe when totaled up, the economic impact of cold from Jan 20-Feb 5 on the US will be the winter equal of a major hurricane hit on US"

This is pretty alarming, IMO

WTF does this guy smoke? Come on seriously comparing the economic cost of a la la land arctic plunge to a hurricane. 1st its not even happened yet. Second thats like comparing a zebra and a giraffe... not going to find many similarities.

That man is nothing but a hype machine an a hustler. The weenies in the NE are the slugs.

I'm not bsudweather nor do I know him. I suppose its possible he's made other comments that I haven't seen that justified the rude responses he received. Or perhaps he's ignored kinder requests to hush it in the past.  I've been a lurker on this forum for several winters and I understand how seriously some of you guys take this.  Just seemed overly harsh for some guy making a wishful statement.

Welcome to the board then.

Not sure what you're implying with the bolded, though.

WTF does this guy smoke? Come on seriously comparing the economic cost of a la la land arctic plunge to a hurricane. 1st its not even happened yet. Second thats like comparing a zebra and a giraffe... not going to find many similarities.

That man is nothing but a hype machine an a hustler. The weenies in the NE are the slugs.

He smokes nothing! Steroids turn your brain to mush

Archived