joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!  Quite the arctic blast in Norway.  The water froze so quickly that the fish were frozen in place too!  Read the article and see more pictures in the link:  http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/it-got-so-cold-so-quickly-in-this-norweigan-bay-that-it-froze-a-bunch-of-fish-swimming-in-it-232504960.html

eW87G1z.jpg

Why is it so quiet tonight? It's been all good news for us in the SE and now it quiet.

IDK bout anyone else.  But all I more or less believe is that it's going to get pretty darn cold again next week, and at this rate my natural gas bill is going to outpace my mortgage.  The only local professional met that I like has some pretty strong words to say about the coming cold, and I have enough education to read the models, and AFAIKT like he's not making it up for ratings.  But it's just cold.

At this point in time snow is wishful thinking.  And we haven't seen any of it here in years so it begins to feel kind of like hoping for rain in the late 'oughts drought:  like it's never going to come.

Wow! Quite the arctic blast in Norway. The water froze so quickly that the fish were frozen in place too! Read the article and see more pictures in the link: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/it-got-so-cold-so-quickly-in-this-norweigan-bay-that-it-froze-a-bunch-of-fish-swimming-in-it-232504960.html

eW87G1z.jpg

Cool pic! Some of the lakes around here will look like that by the first of Feb.

FWIW- JB is going with Above norm. February in the SE? haven't seen the maps but just his talking is what I gather from him.... I seen his analog map 1917/18 and it was warm in the SE. :axe:   Maybe he will be wrong on Feb. but he's been good all winter so far on the cold..   First of the month may be cold but by the end and total it up we will probably be above norm. After all the cold coming we go back to December pattern per JB, SE ridge all snow and Ice will be to our North and West. :snowwindow:  So if we don't cash in the next couple weeks on a good storm it may be tough to get one this winter. I feel kinda like Grit said, Cold and Dry!!! 

Cold Rain, I just want to say that I really enjoy your discussions.  Not only do you have a great understanding of WTF is going on, but you also have a knack for conveying that information to people not as weather smart.  You are a gentleman and a scholar, I'm going to buy you several rounds of beer one of these days.

FWIW- JB is going with Above norm. February in the SE? haven't seen the maps but just his talking is what I gather from him.... I seen his analog map 1917/18 and it was warm in the SE. :axe: Maybe he will be wrong on Feb. but he's been good all winter so far on the cold.. First of the month may be cold but by the end and total it up we will probably be above norm. After all the cold coming we go back to December pattern per JB, SE ridge all snow and Ice will be to our North and West. :snowwindow: So if we don't cash in the next couple weeks on a good storm it may be tough to get one this winter. I feel kinda like Grit said, Cold and Dry!!!

I have noticed he has been going to a warm February off of his main analog year. Earlier he was talking about the handoff to the Atlantic blocking, and on the strat warming.

Crazy how much potential we have now. Clipper this Saturday night into Sunday, another clipper possible Tuesday into Wednesday, and maybe some big potential later on in the month. I think people are excited about all the potential, but at the same time nerves are high and worried about not cashing in on it.

those clippers are dry. I would not get my hopes up.

Cold Rain, I just want to say that I really enjoy your discussions.  Not only do you have a great understanding of WTF is going on, but you also have a knack for conveying that information to people not as weather smart.  You are a gentleman and a scholar, I'm going to buy you several rounds of beer one of these days.

Thank you sir!  Are you going to drive across the mountain and meet us for the Bevo-led (what's up Bevo?!) Dumb and Dumber To viewing?  It's a long drive, so hopefully the movie will be good!

Maybe Brick will go too...or maybe he'll continue to ignore....:whistle:

Thank you sir!  Are you going to drive across the mountain and meet us for the Bevo-led (what's up Bevo?!) Dumb and Dumber To viewing?  It's a long drive, so hopefully the movie will be good!

Maybe Brick will go too...or maybe he'll continue to ignore....:whistle:

when is this? Brick can ride with me.

Maybe Brick will go too...or maybe he'll continue to ignore.... :whistle:

I will find a way to be there!  November right?  :guitar:

Man, it is amazing -- the rapid change of emotion when it comes to weather.  Everything is a go.  Then, all of a sudden, winter's over.  Just like that.  It's done.

Yeah... I can't understand that either. We heard from some pretty heavy hitters yesterday that the next few weeks will bring many opportunities for the weather we all want. We all know that the individual models vary on specifics untill the event happens. Larry, CR, Burger, Robert, weathernc and many others have said repeatedly that you must look for consistancy. One run does not a forecast make.

those clippers are dry. I would not get my hopes up.

Most of them are.. But think the models are having a hard time on the moisture and the one Sat/Sun won't probably won't be.

I think some need to layoff the op euro crackpipe for awhile.

I agree. That and the LR GFS. Doing nothing but making their selves crazy and setting them selves up for a disappointment.

Archived