12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice - looks like Grey issued it for their coverage area.  Probably a ways out before BOX issues anything like that.  Although, it was good to see a nod to the potential in the AFD.

As things stand now BOX isn't looking at a widespread area of freezing rain, really just SW NH. I would guess with time the Worcester Hills get more into the game, but it's too early to really define the southern edge sharply.

I know - I want Ice.  So trending colder will be better.

:weenie:

I agree with Phil though...we may see models sort of swing back and forth like 50 miles or so for a couple of days. 

Details details. Should be interesting, at least.

Depending on how this shakes out...We could have the region from somewhere around you points s and w with S winds gusting to like 35 knots and t/tds of 55/53...while Tippy is cloudy and 36F with calm wind

As things stand now BOX isn't looking at a widespread area of freezing rain, really just SW NH. I would guess with time the Worcester Hills get more into the game, but it's too early to really define the southern edge sharply.

The closest it got to CT line in 2008 was North Oxford Ma; close enough for me. Was listening on the scanner that night, and FD was everywhere with roads blocked, Disastah!

Details details. Should be interesting, at least.Depending on how this shakes out...We could have the region from somewhere around you points s and w with S winds gusting to like 35 knots and t/tds of 55/53...while Tippy is cloudy and 36F with calm wind

Joe will be shucking Oysters wearing Tevas while Hoarfrost is scraping his Toyota Yaris.

I know - I want Ice.  So trending colder will be better.

I went 2.5 weeks without power in Brunswick Maine during the Ice Storm of 1998. It isn't fun after the first 2 days... 

I must ask others opinions but I actual have vivid memories of 1998 thinking about Ice Storms. This storm COULD be causing some serious problems for a good portion of Maine and parts of New Hampshire.

I put "COULD" to emphasize the time before event

Details details. Should be interesting, at least.Depending on how this shakes out...We could have the region from somewhere around you points s and w with S winds gusting to like 35 knots and t/tds of 55/53...while Tippy is cloudy and 36F with calm wind

Joe will be shucking Oysters wearing Tevas while Hoarfrost is scraping his Toyota Yaris.

lol. Certainly possible. Messenger mowing and Ryan doing reports on warm weather and last minute holiday shopping, while Dendrite is playing Monopoly by candle light

Still a long ways to go on this thing. Sometimes they really trend colder...I remember 1/15/07 did. That looked like banana hammocks all the way into NNE a few days out and then turned into an ice storm for pike northward...even Ray's area got some ice on a cold tuck in the lattern parts of that event.

Other times, these can just be overpowered by a strong negatively tilted shortwave....as of right now, the trend in the high position is quite ominous though for a trend toward icier solutions.

It's hard to see the front just miraculously stopping at the south shore. I bet it would wedge right down into Northern NJ....

Seems like models settling on boundary right along south coast like Tip said. With NE wind and drain and snowpack you certainly aren't going to have a warm front come north. You can envision everyone locked in cold side and then a brief spike pre frontal before freeze up

Still a long ways to go on this thing. Sometimes they really trend colder...I remember 1/15/07 did. That looked like banana hammocks all the way into NNE a few days out and then turned into an ice storm for pike northward...even Ray's area got some ice on a cold tuck in the lattern parts of that event.

Other times, these can just be overpowered by a strong negatively tilted shortwave....as of right now, the trend in the high position is quite ominous though for a trend toward icier solutions.

with no big low, hard to see how it ends up anything but colder.   If we had a 990 low ripping up to the Eastern Lakes, I could see the warmer solutions working out.  On the other hand, that's a beast of a SE Ridge, so there is warmth nearby.    No horse in the race for me, we're in the 40's best case scenario.

I remember that.....cold tongue shot right down from the Methuen area, and we started to freeze up as I exited Friendly's in Tewsbury w the ex...

Archived