e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think much of the interior (esp north of the pike) will have trouble truley warm sectoring until late Sunday night/early Moday morning.

Seems like a late spike Sunday is in the cards. Not sure if that's able to make it north of ORH though... different stories from the hills of Tolland down to the tropical beaches of Fairfield. 

Lawn treatments on Sunday.

Western Franklin ZFP:

Friday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Friday Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Patchy fog. Near steady temperature in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming west after midnight.

Saturday: Rain showers likely. Patchy fog. Highs in the mid 40s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Saturday Night And Sunday: Showers. Patchy fog. Lows in the mid 30s. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Sunday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s.

Monday And Monday Night: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. Lows in the upper 20s.

Merry Christmas. 

I have a practical reason for wanting the snowpack to survive. I snowshoe almost daily - a 3.5 mile loop out back and sitting around in 0F wx looking out at bare ground is depressing. People who downhill ski probably don't care about snowpack, but snow shoers rely on nature's largesse. I'm hoping to hang on a good six inch frozen base and then I know I will get numerous minor bouts of LES to cover that again.

The wishing, hoping, praying for snow pack to remain is just a little odd to me when you live in SNE and it's pretty clear no matter what the end solution we're going to lose the snowpack. 

To be sure, things can waiver a bit.  But I can't seriously consider this a worrisome event below Rt 9 (VT/NH, not MA).

That is good news for you then....stay on the colder side of things to keep the snow and also not have to worry about losing power.

Lawn treatments on Sunday.

Western Franklin ZFP:

Friday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Friday Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Patchy fog. Near steady temperature in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming west after midnight.

Saturday: Rain showers likely. Patchy fog. Highs in the mid 40s. Southwest winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Saturday Night And Sunday: Showers. Patchy fog. Lows in the mid 30s. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Sunday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s.

Monday And Monday Night: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. Lows in the upper 20s.

Merry Christmas. 

LOL you love your P/C forecasts...

sort of the ebb and flow of this...compared to the 12z run, euro was milder over CT/RI/SE MA (even W MA too i suppose) but equally as cold in S NH and down into NE MA. by 00z monday the LWM region is 32F...BDL is 60F. the boundary is draped right across ORH County as the northern half of the area is struggling in the low/mid 30s while the southern half is tickling 60F.

I don't know about you guys but I hope the warm front blasts through to Canada. I could care less about my snowpack. But I do care if half of New England is whacked by an ice storm. I'm about 2 miles south of the New Hampshire border on rte 122. So instead of taking my chances of having the warm front near the MA/NH border I'm rooting for it to be waffling near the Canadian border.

I don't know about you guys but I hope the warm front blasts through to Canada. I could care less about my snowpack. But I do care if half of New England is whacked by an ice storm. I'm about 2 miles south of the New Hampshire border on rte 122. So instead of taking my chances of having the warm front near the MA/NH border I'm rooting for it to be waffling near the Canadian border.

:weenie:

Wow if you head up rt 122 into NH you will find me...before 101A.  Anyway, we in no way want the WF blasting through Canada.  Let's keep hope it can stay MA/CT border or south.

Archived