Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro continues to be much colder than the GFS north of route 2.  Stronger high and a weaker primary. The 32f isotherm is SNH all day sunday with all of ME in the 20s. The warm front never really gets into NH. Temps spike on Mon after the cold front mixes things out. 

It has quite the temp gradient across N MA on sunday.

Close the shades for the CT snowpack fetish?

Curtains. 

I think it's a given that we're going to loose our double digit snow cover here but we did have a nice start and could have had a run at a lengthy period of coverage, especially if we have an active period coming up.  At least we have the potential to restore what were loosing.

FWIW, my record length of snow cover is 122 days - 11/27-3/28/2003.

I think it's a given that we're going to loose our double digit snow cover here but we did have a nice start and could have had a run at a lengthy period of coverage, especially if we have an active period coming up.  At least we have the potential to restore what were loosing.

Agreed. I'm surprised at how deep we've been able to get the pack in my backyard from nickle and diming over the last couple weeks. Not excited about mud season especially with the dog getting groomed tomorrow. 

Happy Birthday!

I don't like to lose it either, but what are you going to do. The NAM does wedge us for a time., but we eventually furnace. I guess if you believe in Christmas miracles...maybe we are wedged in all weekend with only drizzle to show.

Agreed. I'm surprised at how deep we've been able to get the pack in my backyard from nickle and diming over the last couple weeks. Not excited about mud season especially with the dog getting groomed tomorrow. 

lol, good luck with the dog.  This early December period has reminded me of winters when I was in college at Lyndon.  Cold days and nights and a few inches of snow here and a few inches there.  I just wish it could continue and it looks like it will but with one significant break.  Kind of reminds me of January 1996 but that was a much longer break.

I'm issuing a personal foul, roughing the reverend.  15 inch penalty to be assessed in the next KU, West Hartford to Weymouth..  

Happy Birthday!

I don't like to lose it either, but what are you going to do. The NAM does wedge us for a time., but we eventually furnace. I guess if you believe in Christmas miracles...maybe we are wedged in all weekend with only drizzle to show.

Thanks!  Yeah, there's not much you can do.  Hopefully we can put down some white again soon!

Thanks!  Yeah, there's not much you can do.  Hopefully we can put down some white again soon!

The wishing, hoping, praying for snow pack to remain is just a little odd to me when you live in SNE and it's pretty clear no matter what the end solution we're going to lose the snowpack. 

The wishing, hoping, praying for snow pack to remain is just a little odd to me when you live in SNE and it's pretty clear no matter what the end solution we're going to lose the snowpack.

I would say it is oft a losing battle in sne wrt to wishing for it to stay, but im not sure why anyone would be surprised that people who are so sick about the wx and snow in general would like to see a pattern that sustains their snowpack for a gate to gate winter.

I would say it is oft a losing battle in sne wrt to wishing for it to stay, but im not sure why anyone would be surprised that people who are so sick about the wx and snow in general would like to see a pattern that sustains their snowpack for a gate to gate winter.

I dunno... 6 or 7" of snow on the ground slowly sublimating or melting doesn't do it for me. I'm all for the storms... a slowly shrinking snow pack excites me about as much as watching paint dry.

The only time I want big snow pack is when we start getting legit... 24-30"+ depths and adding. That's fun. 

Happy birthday to you! 45 years young. A gift to you this year is snow cover and hopefully good health and plenty more snow. Have a great day!

Archived