• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern discussion, part II

Typhoon Tip

The euro argues for maybe some snow in the Monads or something...but it's basically void of any real cold in the lower levels. Almost reminds me of an ugly 1998 style srn stream system. I suppose there is a chance of a stronger offshore track that wraps colder air in quicker..but looks ugly.

Yeah.  Far from awe-inspiring at this point.  The timing would be nice for something, but it is what it is.  At least we can look forward to the cold.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro argues for maybe some snow in the Monads or something...but it's basically void of any real cold in the lower levels. Almost reminds me of an ugly 1998 style srn stream system. I suppose there is a chance of a stronger offshore track that wraps colder air in quicker..but looks ugly.

You literally just have to laugh if this happens....I mean you can't come up with a model prog that is so cruel to snow lovers...big QPF, great track, and the fact that it's late December but literally no cold air after a very cold Nov/Dec in the means.

This prog is just lol type cruel...that's a pretty heavy rain too. GFS is like let's take all the meaningful QPF and draw the freezing line around it...

Birving Jackpot

Or Crotched mtn

You literally just have to laugh if this happens....I mean you can't come up with a model prog that is so cruel to snow lovers...big QPF, great track, and the fact that it's late December but literally no cold air after a very cold Nov/Dec in the means.

This prog is just lol type cruel...that's a pretty heavy rain too. GFS is like let's take all the meaningful QPF and draw the freezing line around it...

image.jpg

Yeah lol, you can't draw it up any better this has major snowstorm written all over it if you look at track and qpf..... But it's a rainer

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I know you guys hate this, but ... I take a different tact.  I think that needle-thread for timing a liquid coastal is interesting.   Cold sloshing away at a continental scale, in a kind of perfect timing to allow that type of solution, during an on-going 45 to perhaps 60-day cold pattern is interesting for me.  

On 12/24-5/93, there were flakes in the air. Uncanny.

I remember the snowfall on Christmas Day 1993. Started off as rain, but ended as -SN with the arctic cold front. We didn't really get anything from the ULL that affected MA on Christmas Eve. It was mostly OVC. Merry Christmas New England, from chilly STL. I'll be back in the New Year.

Yeah that's a big dump up north and hopefully can continue to trend colder for parts of sne. As it stand now, mpm gets a big snow.

Below normal temp regime for the past 60+ days now.  HP north of ME.  996 (and strengthening) LP crossing between HYA and ACK.  Nearly coldest point of climo for the region.  Yet still a rainer.  Cruel as PF stated.  Just cruel.

Below normal temp regime for the past 60+ days now.  HP north of ME.  996 (and strengthening) LP crossing between HYA and ACK.  Nearly coldest point of climo for the region.  Yet still a rainer.  Cruel as PF stated.  Just cruel.

Mother nature can be a b*tch. That said, I would watch this one.

This clipper is definitely outperforming here in upstate NY.

Hope that translates into somethnig good for you New Englanders.

Nice.

What was the forecast calling for you guys?  I've seen some local forecasts here today calling for flurries/few snow showers lol..It makes you wonder if they know what radar is

Always seem to get these little bands of snow in these south flow events that form out ahead of the main shield. Have had on /off light snow/flurries the last hour or so here..despite radar returns

I think this is supposed to be in the general obs thread?  No need for a separate one for this block-buster.

Archived