joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern discussion, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below normal temp regime for the past 60+ days now.  HP north of ME.  996 (and strengthening) LP crossing between HYA and ACK.  Nearly coldest point of climo for the region.  Yet still a rainer.  Cruel as PF stated.  Just cruel.

We are still a month removed from the coldest part of climo.

nice steady very light snow here.  putting the over-under at 1.5"  Hopefully will clean up our solid as a rock bullet proof 3-6 snowpack.  Perhaps we add on Sunday night and then the cold comes rushing in.  I'm thinking CON hits -20, maybe -25 in the first 2 weeks of Jan.

Pics please for us browners

There is a chance a finger of snow moves into SE MA and into BOS late tomorrow morning. The meso models kind of show this and it's a result of warm low level air riding north and creating some instability. Maybe c-1"? I can't really disagree with the idea...maybe the placement of this wavers..but the idea seems sound to me.

That band is there and dropping some heavy snow in a narrow area. Congrats Rehoboth.

pics, is that band for real? not seeing any reports

I think its just a band of like 1/2 mile vis steady snow ...like 1/2 per hour stuff maybe .75/inch per hour edit upon further inspection would think someone is getting isolated 1-1.5 inch/hr rates under darkest green radar returns near that somerset/Berkley /dighton/sw taunton Area last 90 mins

Nice.

What was the forecast calling for you guys?  I've seen some local forecasts here today calling for flurries/few snow showers lol..It makes you wonder if they know what radar is

Point and click last evening was 2 inches total today.

Woke to about that much and it has snowed all morning.

I'm at work now and would estimate 4 inches OTG.

Archived